My setup is:
AMD Ryzen 3600x
Seasonic Focus+ 650W Gold
MSI B450m Gaming plus
Palit RTX 2070S
ADATA D10 2x8GB
ADATA XPG S11P 512GB
SG FC 2TB

Before 3 weeks suddenly electricity has stopped. My PC was on. After turning it on again there wasnt video signal. CPU Check led was red. I tried my motherboard and cpu with another psu- they are working. I tried my psu to another motherboard and cpu-its working again. When i connect my psu with my cpu and mb-LED for CPU is lighting?! tried with and without ram, with and without VGA, without hard and ssd, another cables-its just not working. Any ideas? Thanks!

Aleksandarbg

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
I connectes all my components to another psu and its was working- there was video signal, winsows boot, everything was okay. Then i connected my psu to another system- it was booting normally- windows and etc ... But when i connected my psu to my system- cpu led is on..

The immediate thought is it's a PSU issue, as you've already verified everything else is working with a different PSU. Or something very specific with the connection with your PSU to the motherboard (seeing you mention the PSU seems to be fine with a different system). The one variable which is unknown is the power requirements for both systems and the wattage of the other PSU.

If possible, try your PSU with the other system and check the voltage readings the motherboard is reporting. You should be able to see these in BIOS or in Windows using something like HWiNFO. Of particular interest are the readings for the 3.3V, 5V and 12V which should be within 5%, 5% and 10% tolerance.

Aleksandarbg

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
If i was living in normal country i would send it directly to the service. But last time i waited 3 weeks to check my cpu and motherboard and to tell me that they are fine ....

It sounds to me like there is something wrong with the motherboard. I would try resetting CMOS and using BIOS to flash to a known good version. Sometimes the BIOS can become corrupted if there was a surge. I am not sure why all these components work within other systems but not with themselves. This is a very intriguing problem.

Disconnect all USB header cables, certainly all useless LED's even chassis fans, and SATA data and power cables (do not mix modular cables from PSU to GPU or SSD/hard drives, as pinouts although the same at the device side, arenormally different at PSU connection points= BAD!)

If needed, connect your PSU and mainboard up outside the case to test it...

Useless to do anything/expect anything without RAM...but, you can try one stick in required 2nd slot from CPU...

Aleksandarbg

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
It sounds to me like there is something wrong with the motherboard. I would try resetting CMOS and using BIOS to flash to a known good version. Sometimes the BIOS can become corrupted if there was a surge. I am not sure why all these components work within other systems but not with themselves. This is a very intriguing problem.

When i connect another PSU- its starting and windows is loading. I dont think the problem is bios..

Disconnect all USB header cables, certainly all useless LED's even chassis fans, and SATA data and power cables (do not mix modular cables from PSU to GPU or SSD/hard drives, as pinouts although the same at the device side, arenormally different at PSU connection points= BAD!)

If needed, connect your PSU and mainboard up outside the case to test it...

Useless to do anything/expect anything without RAM...but, you can try one stick in required 2nd slot from CPU...

I tried only with CPU and MB- with my PSU not working, with another PSU is fine .... I mean check for CPU is not lighting.