Question Strange problems with RX 6700 XT ?

Dec 3, 2023
Hello,

I changed my graphic card to an RX 6700 XT, paired with Asus B660f Gaming Mobo. It worked fine for about a month, then it stopped to go past desktop screen (the moment graphic card drivers loaded I suppose). It just blinks black and goes no signal. The graphics card works without any drivers installed, it also works normally in 3 different PCs. Installation of any kind of AMD drivers makes it go black screen.

The computer works fine with a GTX 980.

PSU is fractal design newton R3 600w.

I haven't yet checked if changing PCI-E to 3.0 in BIOS (RX6700XT uses PCI-E 4.0 and GTX980 which works well - 3.0) would do something - will check today.

Do you have any ideas what could it be?
Damaged mobo?

Also the MoBo has 8+4-pin EPS CPU power connections. I only plugged the 8-pin, could this be an issue? As far as I know the additional 4-pin connection is not necessary if I'm not extreme overclocking.

Thanks for any help.

Dec 3, 2023
Yes I did, forgot to mention. Still the same. The second slot shouled be PCI-E 3.0 according to specification.

Nov 22, 2023
Hello,

I changed my graphic card to an RX 6700 XT, paired with Asus B660f Gaming Mobo. It worked fine for about a month, then it stopped to go past desktop screen (the moment graphic card drivers loaded I suppose). It just blinks black and goes no signal. The graphics card works without any drivers installed, it also works normally in 3 different PCs. Installation of any kind of AMD drivers makes it go black screen.

The computer works fine with a GTX 980.

PSU is fractal design newton R3 600w.

I haven't yet checked if changing PCI-E to 3.0 in BIOS (RX6700XT uses PCI-E 4.0 and GTX980 which works well - 3.0) would do something - will check today.

Do you have any ideas what could it be?
Damaged mobo?

Also the MoBo has 8+4-pin EPS CPU power connections. I only plugged the 8-pin, could this be an issue? As far as I know the additional 4-pin connection is not necessary if I'm not extreme overclocking.

Thanks for any help.
have you tried ddu driver and update vbios?

What monitor is connected? What resolution and refresh rate are you running at? Are you using HDMI or DisplayPort?

Why my 6700XT blinked out it was due to trying to run 1080p at 144 Hz over HDMI, even though it was a decent cable and should have worked. Switching to DisplayPort solved the problem for me.

Dec 3, 2023
Changing PSU didnt work, forcing PCI-E 3.0 neither. I'm using DP cable it worked with this setup for about a month, will try changing to HDMI or connecting to different monitor or TV. Thx.

Next step would be chaning vbios.

Dec 3, 2023
Problem has been fixed, I plugged monitor to different power sockets and it suddenly started to work. I do not understand it and tbh I don't know if I want to. Thanks for your help

Reactions: Incept3d

TRENDING THREADS