Question Strange Robotic Noises on New System

Sep 6, 2020
Hi there

I have a really strange thing happening with my new build system

I have been using it for just short of a week and it's been absolutely fine but the last couple of nights I noticed this weird robot noise on my audio both in communications AND in game. Below is a clip with an example.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA3krqA2dB8&feature=youtu.be
(10 second mark)

according to my friends my voice is ALSO subject to the sound. I have tried a few things to no avail so far and can not work out what the issue could be

So far:
  • Tested another headset
  • Disabled all other audio devices
  • Attempted to check all drivers are up to date
  • Updated windows to the latest version

Thanks for any help in advance!

That's internet lag distortion. It happens in the voice software you use. It happens all the time. When I was playing RUST with a bunch of people on Team Speak a bunch of them had robot voices from time to time.

Try another program. Discord, Steam, Team Speak, Ventrilo etc.

Sep 6, 2020
That's internet lag distortion. It happens in the voice software you use. It happens all the time. When I was playing RUST with a bunch of people on Team Speak a bunch of them had robot voices from time to time.

Try another program. Discord, Steam, Team Speak, Ventrilo etc.
Hi I thought so too but I have run a speedtest and my internet is fine, my brother in the same house hold is also on the same Teamspeak and the same game with 0 issues, I'm getting the issue pretty persistently as we speak.