Strange screen tearing in desktop with Displayport

robSMASHED

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015
Hello everybody, first of all sorry for my english.

I suffer from a few days the following problem of screen tearing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpTiqLtzzvE&spfreload=10

I'm using a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti, an ASUS PB287Q 4k @ 60hz monitor and a displayport cable included in the packaging

Some day ago I moved into a new house and the tearing appeared from the very first day (House wiring? Damage while travelling?)

The problem doesn't always occur, the frequency with which it appears is almost casual

I can resolve this situation by disconnecting and connecting again the displayport cable, turn on 30hz mode from windows settings then revert back to 60hz or simply rebooting the computer. Once it starts up "properly", it doesn't show any problems, even under gpu stress, everything pretty normal. In addition, after trying several restarts, I'm pretty sure the tearing does not appear at all if I use an HDMI cable with 4K resolution @ 30hz

In summary, the possible sources of the problem may be in the best case the cable displayport, at worst the monitor or video card

Please help, I do not know what to think

robSMASHED

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015

Sorry I mispelled in my post. I meant "I'm pretty sure the tearing does not appear at all if I use an HDMI cable with 4K resolution @ 30hz"

So yea, it works with HDMI