strange shop behavior with gray stones

This is so strange. I just cleared the mines and got two sets of gray
stones. I went and rubbed them on a weapon and got the you make
scratch marks on the stone message. Cool, one of them is a luck
stone. I went into the shop and dropped the one that i have two of.
Cool, 30 gc, the luck stone. Just to make sure i dropped the other
one and it was worthless. Cool, a flint stone. Then i rubbed the the
luck stone just to make double sure and i received the scritch
scritch message. WTF? i rubbed the flint stone and received the same
scritch scritch message. I stepped outside the shop and got the you
make scratch marks on the stone message again. What the hell is going
on here?

Jorge

btw i am playing on NAO

James

In article <39p24aF61egg2U1@individual.net>,
jorge estrada <jestrada5@yahoo.com> wrote:

>scritch scritch message. I stepped outside the shop and got the you
>make scratch marks on the stone message again. What the hell is going
>on here?

Touchstone? You need an ID. Or enlightenment. Or enough holy water
to just bless the flint, touch, and luckstone.

james wrote:

> In article <39p24aF61egg2U1@individual.net>,
> jorge estrada <jestrada5@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>scritch scritch message. I stepped outside the shop and got the you
>>make scratch marks on the stone message again. What the hell is
>>going on here?
>
> Touchstone? You need an ID. Or enlightenment. Or enough holy
> water to just bless the flint, touch, and luckstone.

No, it is a flint stone and a luck stone. I just completed a sac fest
in minetown before i came to the store and my luck maxed out. The
thing is that why would you get one message in the store and another
message out of it with the same two stones.

Jorge

jorge estrada <jestrada5@yahoo.com> writes:
> This is so strange. I just cleared the mines and got two sets of gray
> stones. I went and rubbed them on a weapon and got the you make
> scratch marks on the stone message. Cool, one of them is a luck
> stone. I went into the shop and dropped the one that i have two of.
> Cool, 30 gc, the luck stone. Just to make sure i dropped the other
> one and it was worthless. Cool, a flint stone. Then i rubbed the the
> luck stone just to make double sure and i received the scritch
> scritch message. WTF? i rubbed the flint stone and received the same
> scritch scritch message. I stepped outside the shop and got the you
> make scratch marks on the stone message again. What the hell is going
> on here?

The only way you'll get "scritch scritch" sounds out of a
non-touchstone is if you're blind. Nothing directly related to the
shop.

: "Nothing matters very much, and few things matter at all." :
: -- A.J. Balfour :

James

In article <39p4vbF5vm1k4U3@individual.net>,
jorge estrada <jestrada5@yahoo.com> wrote:

>No, it is a flint stone and a luck stone.

How do you know? If it said "scritch scritch", it's a touchstone.

Dylan O'Donnell wrote:

> jorge estrada <jestrada5@yahoo.com> writes:
>> This is so strange. I just cleared the mines and got two sets of
>> gray stones. I went and rubbed them on a weapon and got the you
>> make scratch marks on the stone message. Cool, one of them is a
>> luck stone. I went into the shop and dropped the one that i have
>> two of. Cool, 30 gc, the luck stone. Just to make sure i dropped
>> the other one and it was worthless. Cool, a flint stone. Then i
>> rubbed the the luck stone just to make double sure and i received
>> the scritch scritch message. WTF? i rubbed the flint stone and
>> received the same scritch scritch message. I stepped outside the
>> shop and got the you make scratch marks on the stone message again.
>> What the hell is going on here?
>
> The only way you'll get "scritch scritch" sounds out of a
> non-touchstone is if you're blind. Nothing directly related to the
> shop.

I wasn't blind AFAIK. I stepped out of the shop , no scritch scrith. I
stepped into the shop, scritch. Stepped back out, no scritch.

memory is a funny thing, but lucky for me i am still playing the game
so can go back and check again. I will update as soon as i double
check.

Jorge

jorge estrada wrote:

> Dylan O'Donnell wrote:

[snipped confused story about gray stones and shops]

>> The only way you'll get "scritch scritch" sounds out of a
>> non-touchstone is if you're blind. Nothing directly related to the
>> shop.
>>

> I wasn't blind AFAIK. I stepped out of the shop , no scritch scrith.
> I stepped into the shop, scritch. Stepped back out, no scritch.
>
> memory is a funny thing, but lucky for me i am still playing the
> game so can go back and check again. I will update as soon as i
> double check.

I just went back and tested it. (i mean i did this yesterday before i
ascended the character) and couldn't repeat what happened. I guess I
must of been blind.

Jorge