Question Strange Start up behaviour with i9-9900k and maximus xi core mobo

Durwesh Naeem

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2014
So recently i bought a i9-9900k and a maxmius xi core. So everything is working perfectly fine with stock, XMP I and XMP II bios settings, as i ran all timespy and firestrike tests, played the witcher 3 while streaming for a while. But i have a slight problem. when i am running XMP I or II bios settings mind you cpu is not overclocked by me. when i turn off my system, flip the PSU switch to off from the back. when i turn on while flipping the PSU switch on then pressing the power button on the case, system boots for a second shuts off and then turns on itself after a second then everything is working fine, this only happens when the psu switch at the back is flipped off( Also this issue does not occur when bios is at stock) . so for example if i shut down my system and do NOT flip the psu switch off and then turn on system from the case this issue does not occur. i have tried this with one DIM and also flashedback to the old bios versions still no help. is this a problem ?

Motherboard model: Asus maximus XI core
UEFI Version: 1105
CPU: i9- 9900K
Memory kit part number (s) and amount in GB: G.SKill Trident Z RGB 32gb @ 3200mhz
GPU: Aorus RTX 2080 Xtreme
SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: 512 gb m.2 OS, 512gb regular samsung ssd, 4TB western digital black
PSU: Corsari AX1200i
USB Devices (model/version number):
Monitor: ROG PG278AQ 4K / Asus PB287Q $K
CPU Cooler: custom EK block
PC CASE: corsair 900D
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Education 64bit
Drivers Installed (include version):
Any third Party temp/voltage software installed:

TRENDING THREADS