[SOLVED] Strange startup after CPU Upgrade (GPU Related)

RonKorakas

Commendable
Aug 20, 2020
Hello.
So, something strange happened today, as I upgraded my PC from a Ryzen 1600AF to a Ryzen 3600XT.
The system is on a B450M Motherboard, and a 5500XT GPU.
The system is plugged into a TV for main display, and a small monitor for a 2nd display, but the second monitor is not on (just plugged).

After I upgraded the CPU today, everything seemed to be running just fine. But I tried to restart the computer, and it would get stuck in the "restarting" screen.
So, I hard-reset the computer, and while it was booting up again, the BIOS screen didn't show up at all. The computer beeped, at startup, and about 30 seconds later, the screen would just turn into Windows Desktop (so, basically, the TV wouldn't pick up the signal UNTIL Windows was fully booted up.)

So, I tried restarting again, and yet again, it would get stuck in the "restarting" screen. So, I hard rebooted the computer, but this time around, the TV never showed an image at all. I was confused, so, I turned on the 2nd display monitor, and surely enough, the image was perfectly fine and on the Desktop on that screen. So, I restarted the computer one more time, WITHOUT the TV, and only with the 2nd monitor plugged in, and surely enough, it worked perfectly fine as if nothing was wrong.

I realized that I hadn't updated the BIOS, and the Motherboard site says I needed to to support this new CPU, so, I did that.
I restarted the computer, and once again, with only the 2nd Monitor, it would start up normally : " boot screen - > Windows Startup -> Windows Desktop".
I plugged the TV again, and the 2nd monitor in its usual place, and yet again, the Boot screen does NOT show up on the TV, only on the 2nd monitor. The computer is running fine at the moment, with no issues. But I'm wondering if I'm missing another piece of update, aside from the BIOS, that I'm unaware of.

Do I need to update my GPU to be compatible with the new CPU??
Or is there another update that I need to do in order for the computer to go back to 100% normal??

Thanks.

Ron

Solution
Seems like your TV does not turn on fast enough for the system. Turn off Fast Boot in the BIOS and Fast startup in windows 10 and try again.

On the BIOS update subject. If your motherboard didn't support the 3600XT it wouldn't have booted to Windows 10. You would have a black screen. So I guess the motherboard already had the BIOS needed for the CPU.

You don't need to update the GPU.
Seems like your TV does not turn on fast enough for the system. Turn off Fast Boot in the BIOS and Fast startup in windows 10 and try again.

On the BIOS update subject. If your motherboard didn't support the 3600XT it wouldn't have booted to Windows 10. You would have a black screen. So I guess the motherboard already had the BIOS needed for the CPU.

You don't need to update the GPU.

Solution