Question Strange Stuttering and Decrease in Graphics Quality After Accidentally Unplugging PC While Gaming

Jan 19, 2023
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/58515800

As stated in the title, I was playing some games on my PC on max settings as usual, and I accidentally unplugged the power cord with my foot. I quickly plugged it back in, and everything powered up fine. However, once I went back in to play my games, there was a significant stutter and loss in graphical quality. A lot of my resolution and graphics settings were reset as well within these games, which was strange.

First things first, I reinstalled my graphics driver. Didn't work. Tried measuring clock speeds afterwards to see if anything was up. Nothing out of the ordinary. I figured the issue lied within my PSU, as I had interrupted power going into it while it was probably providing a lot of power. So, I decided to replace the PSU with a brand new, more powerful PSU. No changes noticed. I have not tried replacing anything else as my CPU and GPU are pretty new. I have not tried doing a fresh Windows install either, as that is a last resort for me.

Please, if anyone has any bit of insight on what I can do to restore my pc to it was before, it would be greatly appreciated.

What's the exact model number and brand of your current PSU ? From that user benchmark link, it looks like your PC has been performing way below potential. Are all the PC components seated and plugged properly, including the GPU ?

Check all connections once again. Try to reseat the GPU firmly back on the PCIE slot if need be. Also make sure the PCIE power cables from he PSU are connected properly to the GPU.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023
Hi thank you for your response. I have had everything properly seated since I have built my rig, so no issues there.

I ended up going full nuclear and doing a factory reset. It fixed all of my issues, so thread is closed I suppose.

TRENDING THREADS