Question Strange system behavior after visiting BIOS

JohnnyGui

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2012
My PC is brand new and is very silent when I directly boot into Windows.

However, the moment I go into BIOS my system gets a bit noisy in the sense that it makes a kind of "oowoowoowooo" sound. The weird part is that this sound goes on even when leaving BIOS and booting into Windows.
It only stops after shutting the PC down completely and booting it up again.

It seems as if it's not following the BIOS system fan curve settings initially, and then when going into BIOS the system "wakes up" and starts following these curves . I'm not sure on this though. My system is not OC'd and temps are fine.

My specs
Windows 11 Pro
i5-12600K
Zotac 4070Ti Trinity
Gigabyte Z690 UD4 DDR4 motherboard with BIOS version F22
16GB RAM
Xilence AIO LQ240PRO
Cooler Master MWE Gold 1050 - V2 PSU

Any idea why it does this?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
it makes a kind of "oowoowoowooo" sound
There's only so much you can illustrate with the aid of text whereby you need the assistance of other forms of media. Video with audio being one of them. Please include that in order for us to gauge what you're experiencing.

As for your specs, you forgot to include the make and model of your PSU(in spite of posting this thread in the power supplies section). Might want to also include which BIOS version you're on for your motherboard at this moment of time.

JohnnyGui

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2012
There's only so much you can illustrate with the aid of text whereby you need the assistance of other forms of media. Video with audio being one of them. Please include that in order for us to gauge what you're experiencing.

As for your specs, you forgot to include the make and model of your PSU(in spite of posting this thread in the power supplies section). Might want to also include which BIOS version you're on for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Updated the OP, will update sound soon.

My thread got moved to Power Supplies, hence the PSU not being my initial issue to note the model down.

JohnnyGui

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2012

Here's the sound I'm talking about. There's quite some background static noise but if you ramp up the volume quite a bit you can hear a distinct "ooowoowoowoo" sound which is what I'm talking about.

Apparently it's not tied to the BIOS, but starts around 30 min after booting up my PC in general. When rebooting it goes away during POST but starts again the moment the Windows login screen appears. It decreases in intensity for a short while when visiting the BIOS itself.

Lutfij

Titan
You have one more BIOS version pending update. If you do get around to doing it, please clear the CMOS once you've verified that the BIOS was updated successfully. On the note about the audio, it sounds fine to me though mentioning your temps wouldn't hurt. Please include your ambient room air temps as well. With that mentioned how is you AIO hooked up to the motherboard/system? Make and model of your chassis and the orientation of the AIO and fans in said chassis?

JohnnyGui

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2012
You have one more BIOS version pending update. If you do get around to doing it, please clear the CMOS once you've verified that the BIOS was updated successfully. On the note about the audio, it sounds fine to me though mentioning your temps wouldn't hurt. Please include your ambient room air temps as well. With that mentioned how is you AIO hooked up to the motherboard/system? Make and model of your chassis and the orientation of the AIO and fans in said chassis?

Thanks for the reply. Just updated and cleared the CMOS but the sound is still there. My temps are fine, CPU around 19-20 C idle, GPU around 30C.

Sometimes the sound randomly goes away but comes back after a boot, it's there though most of the time. It looks as if it's tied to load because it starts when the Windows login screen comes up. It doesn't seem to come from the fans though.

I have a XC982 | LQ240PRO Xilence AIO hooked up on the top along with these Xilence fans in a Fractal Focus 2 pc case.

Am I being OCD? Is this sound actually normal?