Question Strange texture patterns in One Piece Odyssey ?

Feb 3, 2023
Hello guys,

I searched a lot in the internet but I did not find a similiar issue or a solution for it.
Currently I am playing One Piece Odyssey and am experiencing some strange and annoying texture patterns in the whole game.
It is almost everywhere. On the skin of characters, on the ground, on rocks etc.
I watched different game play videos now, so I can say this is definetly not normal.
I do not now how to call it, so I have attached some example screenshots.
Can anybody of you tell me, how and where to fix it?

My System:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Mainboard: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Speedster MERC319 GAMING

AMD Adrenalin Version: 22.11.2

If you need further Information, please let me know.

Screenshots:
Pattern on Neck
Pattern on Neck 2
Pattern in the environment
Pattern in the environment 2

Thanks in advance
Julez2604

Is this the ONLY game which is exhibiting this behavior, or even other PC titles are on the same boat ? I have this game currently installed on my PC, and the textures are perfectly fine.

But first can you highlight the specific area where the textures patterns which you are mentioning are in those screenshots which you have posted ? Or, are you asking about the
grainy look of this game, or the checkerboard-type pattern on the neck?

First off, if you have the game on STEAM, then try to verify the integrity of the game cache files.

Steam Support :: Verify Integrity of Game Files (steampowered.com)

Steam Support :: Missing or scrambled text in-game (steampowered.com)

If need be, rollback the GPU drivers after doing a clean re-install.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023
Thanks for your answer. Really appreciated!

Is this the ONLY game which is exhibiting this behavior, or even other PC titles are on the same boat ? I have this game currently installed on my PC, and the textures are perfectly fine.
It seems to be only game. I tested Witcher 3 and Red Dead Redemption. There the texture looks fine.

But first can you highlight the specific area where the textures patterns which you are mentioning are in those screenshots which you have posted ? Or, are you asking about the grainy look of this game, or the checkerboard-type pattern on the neck?
Yes, exactly. I mean these checkerboard-type pattern on the neck. It appears on every character and even on the environment of the game.
Here is the new Link to the screenshots, on which I have highlighted the pattern.
Highlighted Screenshots
The thing is, if I look into gameplay videos of other users on youtube I can not see these patterns in the game.

I have also testet the integrety of the game. It succeeded without any issues

Cheers
Julez2604

By any chance have you overclocked/OC'd your GPU and/or CPU as well ? Though, if Witcher 3 and Red Dead Redemption's textures are okay, then this seems most likely a game specific issue.

Have you tried using a different GPU driver version just to play this game ? I have a feeling that this texture pattern behavior might also be due to some video/.graphics settings within the game. Or some conflicting global graphics setting in AMD's control panel software, adrenalin edition.

But I'm not fully sure.

ILCA only added a few graphics settings to tweak though, like the Quality of Anti-Aliasing, Shadows, DOF, Post-Processing and Motion Blur. Surprisingly enough, there isn’t any setting for adjusting the quality of textures.

Furthermore, there isn’t any FOV slider either. And, similarly to a lot of UE4 games, the game does not support downsampling (unless you set your desktop resolution to a higher one than your native res). Thankfully, though, the game supports uncapped framerates.

Feb 3, 2023
By any chance have you overclocked/OC'd your GPU and/or CPU as well ? Though, if Witcher 3 and Red Dead Redemption's textures are okay, then this seems most likely a game specific issue.
No I did not touch the CPU or GPU. I bought this PC new a month ago. And I have also tested different settings in the AMD Adrenalin Software, but without any change.

Have you tried using a different GPU driver version just to play this game ? I have a feeling that this texture pattern behavior might also be due to some video/.graphics settings within the game. Or some conflicting global graphics setting in AMD's control panel software, adrenalin edition.
I did a clean uninstall of the amd software and drivers and now I have installed an older version 22.5.1. but the texture issue still appears.
I have also tested all the different graphics settings in the game and also different display resolutions. But no change as well.
It is really strange.

Feb 3, 2023
I looked in the One Piece Odyssey channel on reddit and saw a lot of screenshots there from other users with the same pattern. But also screenshots without. Perhaps it is an AMD related issue in this game. But I am glad not to be the only user with this pattern.
Thanks again for your help. If I find a way to solve this issue or perhaps an update of the game and/or driver will solve it, I will let you know.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
I looked in the One Piece Odyssey channel on reddit and saw a lot of screenshots there from other users with the same pattern. But also screenshots without. Perhaps it is an AMD related issue in this game. But I am glad not to be the only user with this pattern.
Thanks again for your help. If I find a way to solve this issue or perhaps an update of the game and/or driver will solve it, I will let you know.

Not a problem at all. I was glad to be of some help. But this issues still baffles me. Like you mentioned this could be related to AMD GPUs. But I'm myself using an RX 480 card, and the textures are perfectly fine, so this whole issues seems a bit strange.

Cheers.