Jul 16, 2020
I have a recently built desktop and I am experiencing some really strange issues. It almost always happens when I am A. playing Terraria, and B. listening to music from MusicBee at the same time. Last time it happened this is the exact scenario:

While listening to music on my local computer playing off of MusicBee, and playing Terraria, the screen went black for like 2-3 seconds. Then, when it came back on the sound from Terraria was coming out of my external speakers, and the music sound switched to coming out of the monitor speakers.

Before this similar issues were happening when playing terraria and listening to music off musicbee, but also at other times.. this is just when I noticed it the most. It doesn't always include audio issues, sometimes the screen will just go black and then come back on.

The computer is relatively modern and powerful.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 super
Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz (specifically indicates on the packaging this works with Ryzen)

Troubleshooting steps so far:

• I have run Prime 95 for 5 hours straight to test the CPU and it ran without errors.
  • I have run memtest overnight without issues.
  • I have installed 6 fans not including the CPU heatsink fan and am monitoring temperatures and it's never gotten over ~81.
  • I have reinstalled windows 10, and let windows update install all drivers.. I then installed the RTX 2070 super drivers using the Geforce Experience and left the other drivers on the ones updated through windows update.
  • Checked the integrity of the steam game files, they found one issue, but then steam fixed them. The screen & audio issues were still present after.
  • Set steam to run as an administrator. Same issues.
I'm at my wits end and am concerned I have a fault Mobo or CPU and am hoping to receive some guidance before attempting an RMA.
Thank you <3

I have a recently built desktop and I am experiencing some really strange issues. It almost always happens when I am A. playing Terraria, and B. listening to music from MusicBee at the same time. Last time it happened this is the exact scenario:

While listening to music on my local computer playing off of MusicBee, and playing Terraria, the screen went black for like 2-3 seconds. Then, when it came back on the sound from Terraria was coming out of my external speakers, and the music sound switched to coming out of the monitor speakers.

Before this similar issues were happening when playing terraria and listening to music off musicbee, but also at other times.. this is just when I noticed it the most. It doesn't always include audio issues, sometimes the screen will just go black and then come back on.

The computer is relatively modern and powerful.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 super
Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz (specifically indicates on the packaging this works with Ryzen)

Troubleshooting steps so far:

• I have run Prime 95 for 5 hours straight to test the CPU and it ran without errors.
  • I have run memtest overnight without issues.
  • I have installed 6 fans not including the CPU heatsink fan and am monitoring temperatures and it's never gotten over ~81.
  • I have reinstalled windows 10, and let windows update install all drivers.. I then installed the RTX 2070 super drivers using the Geforce Experience and left the other drivers on the ones updated through windows update.
  • Checked the integrity of the steam game files, they found one issue, but then steam fixed them. The screen & audio issues were still present after.
  • Set steam to run as an administrator. Same issues.
I'm at my wits end and am concerned I have a fault Mobo or CPU and am hoping to receive some guidance before attempting an RMA.
Thank you <3
Have you tried using DDU to clean remove your drivers? If not, you should before you try rma.