[SOLVED] Strange WiFi issue

Jan 24, 2021
Hello everyone i have been having strange internet issues for a few months now and i have contacted my ISP and they have said that tests on their end have come back green no issues and it's the same for me my internet seems to be working as intended for other devices in my house but it's unbearable for me on my gaming PC for example i could be playing my usual games like Rainbow six siege,Hell Let Loose and Rising Storm Vietnam and for 30 minutes-1 hour i could be playing on as low as 20 -40 ping in those games and then out of nowhere as if someone flicked a switch i get 200-500 ping and sometimes even higher but at that point i just quit playing online video games because it's near impossible to play and i do a speed test and it's hitting my speed i pay for or just below which is 40 download and 20 upload and in the past this has been enough but now i lag like crazy regardless of anyone using the internet or not and it seems like it maybe an issue with my PC but there are no obvious issues that stand out to me because my brother has no issues with our internet when he plays his ps4 and watching netlix and youtube is not a problem either just seems to be an issue with me and i am posting here hoping that someone knows what i am talking about or if anyone has experienced what i am dealing with right now because i am completely stumped by this issue and sick of my isp telling me to make sure all of the cables are properly plugged into my router so if you have any clue what is happening please reply and thank you for reading.

btw i am using a tp link wireless adapter but it has worked great for years but now i am having issues as stated above .

Solution
Manually download the adapter's drivers via TP Link's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the times that problem(s) occur.

A failing adapter (and many other devices as well) may well exhibit intermittent behavior. Makes troubleshooting difficult.

Try swapping the problem tp link wireless adapter with one of the other two that known to be working.

Determine if the problem stays with the host computer or follows the problem tp link wifi adapter.

Make the swap and leave the working tp link adapters in place for enough time to really determine if the problem ends or continues.
Hello everyone i have been having strange internet issues for a few months now and i have contacted my ISP and they have said that tests on their end have come back green no issues and it's the same for me my internet seems to be working as intended for other devices in my house but it's unbearable for me on my gaming PC for example i could be playing my usual games like Rainbow six siege,Hell Let Loose and Rising Storm Vietnam and for 30 minutes-1 hour i could be playing on as low as 20 -40 ping in those games and then out of nowhere as if someone flicked a switch i get 200-500 ping and sometimes even higher but at that point i just quit playing online video games because it's near impossible to play and i do a speed test and it's hitting my speed i pay for or just below which is 40 download and 20 upload and in the past this has been enough but now i lag like crazy regardless of anyone using the internet or not and it seems like it maybe an issue with my PC but there are no obvious issues that stand out to me because my brother has no issues with our internet when he plays his ps4 and watching netlix and youtube is not a problem either just seems to be an issue with me and i am posting here hoping that someone knows what i am talking about or if anyone has experienced what i am dealing with right now because i am completely stumped by this issue and sick of my isp telling me to make sure all of the cables are properly plugged into my router so if you have any clue what is happening please reply and thank you for reading.

btw i am using a tp link wireless adapter but it has worked great for years but now i am having issues as stated above .
Wifi card dying?

Ralston18

Titan
Manually download the adapter's drivers via TP Link's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the times that problem(s) occur.

A failing adapter (and many other devices as well) may well exhibit intermittent behavior. Makes troubleshooting difficult.

Try swapping the problem tp link wireless adapter with one of the other two that known to be working.

Determine if the problem stays with the host computer or follows the problem tp link wifi adapter.

Make the swap and leave the working tp link adapters in place for enough time to really determine if the problem ends or continues.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS