Strange Windows 10 behaviour. (apps not opening and other stuff).

reaper619

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
Hello community,
I use windows 10 education on my PC, before it, i was using enterprise.
I don't know why but Windows 10 always break the Softwares i install on it, for example:
1. Apps which require Admin privileges, when i double click on them they don't ask for admin privileges until i merge Microsoft's default registry fix or right click on app and choose "run as admin".
2. Visual Studio after sometime stops opening, doesn't start until i repair it.
3. Icons of some softwares go blurry on desktop.
4. Windows defender trashes the whole PC, giving false alarms and deleting files itself. (i disable it from group policies).
5. I always have to merge that Microsoft registry fix before starting any admin privileged software.
I get this behavior on every win 10 version, i have the latest RS3 1709.
Could you please tell me the possible reasons for this type of behavior? I am really fraustrated at this point.
P.S: I install win 10 on Kingston SSD, and use HDD for storage.

Hello reaper619

This usually happens when you obtain Windows from an unreliable source and/or the installation media contains some viruses or malware in it.

The same goes for any other app that you install on the OS.

That said, please check and confirm that you downloaded/obtained Windows from a Trusted Source, followed the Correct Method to Install the OS on Your Computer (Alternate Link), and that all the other software are genuine and were downloaded/obtained from their vendors' official website.

Please follow the suggestions given above, and feel free to report back if they don't help and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!! :)

reaper619

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017

Thank you, i will try this method and see if it works. will post again with info.