strategy for mismatched RAM

Hello,
using the utility CTSPD, I see that one of my sticks is
rated 2-2-2, while the other is rated 3-3-3 when run at
133 MHz (system is an olde kt133a chipset)

I can see that I'll have to set CL3 in the BIOS,
but what about the tRas-tRp-TRcd ?

Since adjustment is available as separate settings in the BIOS
for each bank,
I set one to 6-2-2 and the other to 6-3-3
Is this reasonable?
Please advise.
regards,
Dave

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:51:39 -0800, da_test <davexnet02NO@SPAMyahoo.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
>using the utility CTSPD, I see that one of my sticks is
>rated 2-2-2, while the other is rated 3-3-3 when run at
>133 MHz (system is an olde kt133a chipset)
>
>I can see that I'll have to set CL3 in the BIOS,
>but what about the tRas-tRp-TRcd ?
>
>Since adjustment is available as separate settings in the BIOS
>for each bank,
>I set one to 6-2-2 and the other to 6-3-3
>Is this reasonable?

If it works, yes.

--
Rgds, George Macdonald

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 07:22:57 -0500, George Macdonald
<fammacd=!SPAM^nothanks@tellurian.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:51:39 -0800, da_test <davexnet02NO@SPAMyahoo.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>using the utility CTSPD, I see that one of my sticks is
>>rated 2-2-2, while the other is rated 3-3-3 when run at
>>133 MHz (system is an olde kt133a chipset)
>>
>>I can see that I'll have to set CL3 in the BIOS,
>>but what about the tRas-tRp-TRcd ?
>>
>>Since adjustment is available as separate settings in the BIOS
>>for each bank,
>>I set one to 6-2-2 and the other to 6-3-3
>>Is this reasonable?
>
>If it works, yes.
Thanks George appreciate the info.

I've got some memory on an older Via mvp3 MB.
It's PC100 sdram - also mismatched RAM.
It's two 128mb sticks running @100MHz.

In the bios, I've got CL3 set.
However, there's not as much granularity
with the memory speed. Instead of 5-2-2, 6-2-2,
6-2-3, etc,etc,
it's just got "fast" and "normal". I've ben running it
with both banks set to fast, not really knowing until now,
what the actual values were.
Yesterday I looked using wpcredit and am very surprised
to see that "fast" = 5-2-2 while "normal" is 6-3-3.

It's surprising because the system is working just fine, even though
one of the sticks, according to CTSPD is 3-3-3. @ 100MHz.
regards,
Dave