Question Strategy games based on modern wars?

jorge_medion

Honorable
Jan 20, 2018
Hello,

I usually play strategy games but I already have games based on ancient times or other previous centuries, mainly from Total War games such as Rome 2, Shogun 2, Empire. I would like to know about good strategy games based on modern times. I am really interested in naval games, but I also like aerial combat and modern artillery. Do you know any games with these features?

PS. I have money, do not support piracy and I am willing to expend the necessary money on new games, either on Steam or other platforms.

How modern is modern? As far as I know, there hasn't been a strategy game based around say the conflicts in Iraq or Afghanistan due to these being relatively sensitive events. There's been a few games using the Cold War as a premise, but the ones I've played aren't grand strategy games like the Total War series. There are also some games that take heavy nods to what was going on at the time but still fictionalize the heck out of it, like Command and Conquer: Generals.

However, give that a lot of conflicts in the past 30 or so years were mostly asymmetric, I don't think they would make for decent strategy game material anyway.

TRENDING THREADS