Streaking and smearing when printing in duplex mode

Arthur

I recently bought an old HP Laserjet 5M with a duplexer. I also
purchased a new HP 92298X cartridge. When I print in duplex mode,
though, I notice a light vertical streak about 2" long running down the
middle of the page. I've tried cleaning the rollers, but it seems to
re-appear with each duplex printing.

Can anyone offer a way to get rid of the sreaking, as I'd like to use
my Laserjet to print camera-ready art.

Thanks,

Arthur

Marty

Arthur,

If the page is creasing in the middle, that actually sounds like a
fault with the fuser.

Also check the paper path of the paper when it enters the duplex unit,
make sure there no foreign objects blocking the middle of your page
causing this crease.

Hope that helps,

Martin
I can fix it

Arthur

jbuch wrote:

> I gather that the streak happens ONLY in DUPLEX mode?
>
> That single sided printing does not give the light streak?

I think that's right. When I print single-sided I do not notice the
streak. I'll run more tests to confirm.

> Is the streak realy just 2 inches LONG, not 2 inches wide? What
really
> are the dimensions of the streak....?

You're right I meant to say 2 inches WIDE. The streak runs down the
length of the sheet.

Arthur wrote:
> I recently bought an old HP Laserjet 5M with a duplexer. I also
> purchased a new HP 92298X cartridge. When I print in duplex mode,
> though, I notice a light vertical streak about 2" long running down the
> middle of the page. I've tried cleaning the rollers, but it seems to
> re-appear with each duplex printing.
>
> Can anyone offer a way to get rid of the sreaking, as I'd like to use
> my Laserjet to print camera-ready art.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arthur

I gather that the streak happens ONLY in DUPLEX mode?

That single sided printing does not give the light streak?

Is the streak realy just 2 inches LONG, not 2 inches wide? What really
are the dimensions of the streak....?

Jim