Streaky/choppy video on new laptop

blw1978

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
Hi, about 2 months ago i bought a Toshiba Satellite Pro R50 Windows 7 64bit laptop.

At first its video playback was streaky and a bit choppy/pixelated but after a couple days it was fine (i figured it had updated its codecs or drivers or whatever it was missing).

Anyway, about a week ago I had to do a factory restore as I was having audio issues with my webcam. I have since worked out what the issues were (1 slot for headphone/mic so when speakers plugged in my audio wasn't being picked up).

The only problem I am having now is that when I watch a video (any format) the picture is once again streaky/choppy. I keep checking updates, as well as trying other media players; i have installed CCCO and K-lite to no avail.

I have no idea what is going on and what I might be missing.

I would be grateful for any assistance you might be able to provide me.

Thanks, Bonnie

blw1978

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
Hi, I only just worked out how to fix it this morning (after much hassle and another factory restore ... d'oh).

It had to do with Windows Aero in preferences setting. I didn't even realise there was a difference between which picture I chose to have on my desktop. Now my screen tearing issue is gone :).

Bonnie