[SOLVED] Stream/Game Network Settings

Solution
Games tell lots of lies. Lets say the game sends a packet to the server and the server responds. The pc receives the packet and places it in a buffer for the game. The game is too busy doing something else to be read the packet. It later get around to reading the packet and calculates the time based on when it read the packet rather than when it was actually placed in the buffer.

If you see no issue with actual ping commands it almost has to be a setting in the game. Even though it sounds crazy people have fixed these issues by changing video settings. Does not make sense since the video never passes via the network but if there is something causing game delay it may just be blaming it on the network.

Only other...
There is not much in a adapter that will make any signification difference. I know some of the so called gaming network accelerators talk about reducing some overhead in certain traffic. They neglec to mention the overhead is .0001ms. So even if it does what they say it improves stuff less than 1/1000 of 1ms. It not like that is even detectable in a connection to a game server that will be 50-100ms.

I strongly suspect your problem is the upload rate. Watch the resource monitor and see how much you are using. Be careful the network tab in the resource monitor has some things in BYTES/sec and others in BITS/sec.

With that small a upload and attempting to stream you need to make sure you are the only one using the internet and all unnecessary programs are stopped in your machine. You need to be sure you set your encoder bit rate low enough so that it along with the game traffic never hits say 90-95%. It will actually hit 100% the graph just won't show it.

Oscil

Reputable
Mar 8, 2019
Thank you for your answer!
I use 2500-3000 bitrate max on streaming(720p30-60fps) I don't go higher which seems to be okay.
Streaming or not there are some games that I get huge latency spikes.
It's not my net tho because my brother does not get these kind of spikes ever.
I'm really comfused. When I play with friends and I get these huge latency spikes they do not so I guess it's not the game either.
Is it possible the problem is between me and the game? Maybe firewall or something similar ?

You need to do some testing. Let a constant ping run to a server like 8.8.8.8 in the background cmd window. See if you get corresponding delays or loss at the time your game says you have problems. If you have access to another pc running a ping from their is useful also because if it is the machine you will not see the problem on the other pc. If both see the problem then it is more likely a network issue.

Oscil

Reputable
Mar 8, 2019
I've ran tests and they ran perfectly. Nothing unusual.
Right now I'm running a test between me and the game I get these spikes and they are perfect as well.
I'm really confused. I'm about to contact support when my test is done.

Games tell lots of lies. Lets say the game sends a packet to the server and the server responds. The pc receives the packet and places it in a buffer for the game. The game is too busy doing something else to be read the packet. It later get around to reading the packet and calculates the time based on when it read the packet rather than when it was actually placed in the buffer.

If you see no issue with actual ping commands it almost has to be a setting in the game. Even though it sounds crazy people have fixed these issues by changing video settings. Does not make sense since the video never passes via the network but if there is something causing game delay it may just be blaming it on the network.

Only other thing I can think of is if your pc has any of that silly gamer network accelerator software. Those things have all kinds of bugs.

Solution

Oscil

Reputable
Mar 8, 2019
I don't have any accelerator software. I don't use vpn,wtfast or any of these.
Support helped me set some stuff. The only thing that's left is to try out if the problem got fixed.
I'll get into game later and check if I still get these spikes and I'll get you know!

Thanks a lot for your help!