Question Stream Problems

Oscil

Reputable
Mar 8, 2019
So I have never streamed before and I can't find a solution for this problem.
I have 50mb/5mb connection I even contacted my ISP to confirm that and they said I have the maximum I can get which is 51/5.1.
So if I stream at 720p/30fps with 2000 bitrate my ping spikes up to 300.
I don't think this is normal because I'm pretty sure 5mbps upload for 2000 bitrate are pretty much enough.
Any solutions ?

Thanks in advance.

The amount of data you transfer has nothing to do with ping at least not directly,windows will determine how much importance it will give each pack of data (stream vs game having to contact a server) to fix this you should look into qos settings maybe your router even has this function it let's you tell it to give more importance to the game or the stream.

First make sure only your PC is connected to your router. Make sure no other device can use bandwidth, turn off the wifi radios if you have to .

Then watch the network tab on the resource monitor. You can see exactly how much bandwidth each application using. Be careful though parts of the display are in BYTES/sec and others are in bits/sec.

If you are not excceeding either your upload or download bandwidth I would be suspect of the computer itself causing the delay. You should be able to ping from a different device while you have a stream open to see if that one is also affected.

Oscil

Reputable
Mar 8, 2019
I don't drop any frames or anything. The ping just goes up and down. I still can't find a solution to this.
I use 2000 bitrate. The stream doesn't goes beyond that.

Also my router doesn't have a Qos setting sadly.

So I contacted my ISP again and they told me they will send a new router next week. Hope it has Qos and hope it resolves the issues.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS