[SOLVED] stream problems

Oct 13, 2019
at my internets peak its reaches at around 500 mbps download and around 200 mbps upload, i run my streams at 800 bitrate. all the while my stream constantly freezes and lags behind while my games run smoothly, so im sure its not my pc specs but im at a loss on what i should do
pc specs
motherboard: hp ipisb-ch2
cpu: i7 2600
gpu: evga gtx 660 ftw sig 2

Solution
all the while my stream constantly freezes and lags behind while my games run smoothly,
Windows as well as any streaming software has no concept of what you are trying to do, they are just following the priorities that the task manager is telling them.
Right now your game runs at a higher priority than your streaming which means that windows gives all the processing power that it asks for to the game, not leaving enough over for the streaming.
If you use OBS it has a priority setting that you can increase up to high,but no matter what you use you can increase the priority of the streaming task from within task manager,or lower the game's priority.
The higher the quality settings,irrelevant to the bitrate,the more CPU the stream...
all the while my stream constantly freezes and lags behind while my games run smoothly,
Windows as well as any streaming software has no concept of what you are trying to do, they are just following the priorities that the task manager is telling them.
Right now your game runs at a higher priority than your streaming which means that windows gives all the processing power that it asks for to the game, not leaving enough over for the streaming.
If you use OBS it has a priority setting that you can increase up to high,but no matter what you use you can increase the priority of the streaming task from within task manager,or lower the game's priority.
The higher the quality settings,irrelevant to the bitrate,the more CPU the stream will need so make sure to adjust accordingly.

Solution