Question Stream Support

Feb 28, 2022
Good afternoon all,

So this will be a but if a long post but I am not sure what else to do. I have been having issues streaming for nearly 8 months on two entirely different computers and multiple streaming software.
What Happens: I will be streaming fine, performance, bitrate, etc is all fine. All of a sudden my stream, game and discord will all crash, or will get a blue screen error or my screen will freeze up. The crash is never the same. I have checked my event viewer and it never has the same event ID. My blue screen error gives me the "KERNEL HEAP CORRUPTION" error. however I have reinstalled all drivers and have seen no difference.

The most confusing part is that this same behavior has happened using two separate software's (OBS and SLOBS) on two entirely separate PCs. The first PC is an Intel i7 @ 10700k, RTX 3070, 32GB 3200mhz ram. The current PC is an Intel i7 @ 102700k, RTX 3090, 32GB 4000 MHZ ram. They are both crashing in the same manner although they are entirely different rigs.

My stream set up is: Base 2560x1440, output 1280x720, 6000 bitrate.

The only small change I have noticed was for about 2.5 weeks I decreased the power level of my fans, but that stopped working after updating to the 511 Nvidia drivers. I am at a loss for what else to do, the only common parts between the two are my peripherals and software.

I have tried: reinstalling windows, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling OBS, Running an SFC/DISM on command prompt, rolling back drivers, changing from GPU/CPU encoding, pretty much ANY solution I could find on the internet. I would love any help/input/ideas.

Thank you so much in advanced.

Ralston18

Titan
What PSU is installed in each PC?

Make, model, wattage, age, condition (original, new, refurbished, used)?

What else do the PC's have in common: electrical circuit/wall outlet, power strip, surge protector, etc.?

Increasing numbers of varying errors is, to me, a sign of a failing/faltering PSU.

Software: apps, games, utilities?

Remember to look in Reliability History. Much more user friendly and uses a time line format that can be very revealing.

Also check Update History for failed or problem updates.

Feb 28, 2022
What PSU is installed in each PC?

Make, model, wattage, age, condition (original, new, refurbished, used)?

What else do the PC's have in common: electrical circuit/wall outlet, power strip, surge protector, etc.?

Increasing numbers of varying errors is, to me, a sign of a failing/faltering PSU.

Software: apps, games, utilities?

Remember to look in Reliability History. Much more user friendly and uses a time line format that can be very revealing.

Also check Update History for failed or problem updates.

PC 1 has a Corsair RM750 W brand new. PC has an 850 W. They have been plugged into a beefy power strip.

Software not sure what counts, basic games such as Esacpe from Tarkov, Cod, War Thunder, etc.

I have checked to insure all updates were installed properly.

I have not heard of reliability history, is this a windows program or is it third party?

thank you for the response!

Ralston18

Titan
Reliability History is a Windows program.

You can access Reliability History by typing "Reliability History" in the "Type here to search" box.

Actually the opening window will appear as "View reliability history". Clicking individual entries will provide additional detail about the entry. The details may or may not be clear or helpful.

Another place to look is in Update History. Any failed or problem updates?

Windows has a another tool (in addition to Resource Monitory and Task Manager) to help with system issues;

Process Explorer (Microsoft, free); likely that you will need to download the tool via Microsoft's website.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

Feb 28, 2022

You can access Reliability History by typing "Reliability History" in the "Type here to search" box.

Actually the opening window will appear as "View reliability history". Clicking individual entries will provide additional detail about the entry. The details may or may not be clear or helpful.

Windows has a another tool (in addition to Resource Monitory and Task Manager) to help with system issues;

Process Explorer (Microsoft, free); likely that you will need to download the tool via Microsoft's website.

I will use these programs and generate a fresh crash and report back my findings. do you reccomend I download process explorer?

Feb 28, 2022

So I jsut checked out the reliability monitor and it gives me the same information as the event viewer. It doenst show OBS or discord even crashing, just the game I was streaming.

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ELDEN RING\Game\eldenring.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: eldenring.exe
Application Version: 1.2.1.0
Application Timestamp: 62194edd
Fault Module Name: eldenring.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.2.1.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 62194edd
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000001db708d
OS Version: 10.0.22000.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0f5d
Additional Information 2: 0f5dae644338528770d1164a8ab036b4
Additional Information 3: 8dd9
Additional Information 4: 8dd9c93f6c754745d281c319bbd7a76e

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: fe8b53ed6f2abd63bb952ee6df786b21 (1987546379680508705)

It sounds like the Nvidia driver crashes and is not able to recover from the crash. Please download and install DDU. Go here for the latest Nvidia drivers (without GeForce Experience). Download the drivers onto the desktop. Boot into safe mode. Run DDU to get rid of current graphics drivers. Restart computer with the internet disabled. Run and install the latest Nvidia drivers without GeForce Experience. See if this fixes the issue.

Feb 28, 2022
It sounds like the Nvidia driver crashes and is not able to recover from the crash. Please download and install DDU. Go here for the latest Nvidia drivers (without GeForce Experience). Download the drivers onto the desktop. Boot into safe mode. Run DDU to get rid of current graphics drivers. Restart computer with the internet disabled. Run and install the latest Nvidia drivers without GeForce Experience. See if this fixes the issue.
So I did exactly what you said in the order you said now my PC is very slow and I am BSOD-ing everytime I launch tarkov even without OBS open.... so how can I revert this?

Ralston18

Titan
First uninstall DDU and EldenRing.

Second, double check what Nvidia drivers were installed by DDU.

Third, go directly to Nvidia's website, find the applicable driver for your video card and Windows OS version.

Manually download, reinstall, and configure the video driver for your build.

No third party tools or installers.

Determine if the system stabilizes.

Feb 28, 2022
First uninstall DDU and EldenRing.

Second, double check what Nvidia drivers were installed by DDU.

Third, go directly to Nvidia's website, find the applicable driver for your video card and Windows OS version.

Manually download, reinstall, and configure the video driver for your build.

No third party tools or installers.

Determine if the system stabilizes.
So im having an even bigger issue. i followed one of the comments above "It sounds like the Nvidia driver crashes and is not able to recover from the crash. Please download and install DDU. Go here for the latest Nvidia drivers (without GeForce Experience). Download the drivers onto the desktop. Boot into safe mode. Run DDU to get rid of current graphics drivers. Restart computer with the internet disabled. Run and install the latest Nvidia drivers without GeForce Experience. See if this fixes the issue. " and now I cannot even launch Tarkov. It was functioning earlier today. I am now getting a completely NEW blue screed "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA" Please helpI dont know what to do and this PC is less than 2 weeks old.

Feb 28, 2022

My computer is running absolutely terrible right now after doing this. i am trying to reinstall tarkov but even my display is laggy. I had to revert all of the things you reccomended and I am still getting a blue screen now. I cant run any game/program without a SIGNIGFICANT wait time.

Ralston18

Titan
Okay:

The key is to do what you, and only you, have control of.

Do not use any third party software applications or utilities.

Start by uninstalling all problem games. Or, for now as a compromise, just those games with problems.

[Do note that, and keep in mind, that other games may need to be uninstalled as well.]

Do not reinstall those problem games. [ Note: Where are you getting the games? Post accordingly.]

Determine if you can restore stability (meaning no crashes) to your computer.

Run "sfc /scannow" and "dism" to clean up potentially corrupted files.

FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central

Run Windows Security and any other AV software you have available.

= = = =

You mentioned that "My computer is running absolutely terrible right now ".

Look in Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Process Explorer (free via Microsoft's website) to determine what all is running on your computer and what resources are being consumed by any app or utility.

Take careful notes and be methodical. Very likely that you will notice something astray.

Blackink

Distinguished
What version of OBS are you using?
They've been having problems with the latest releases.
OBS Windows Forum
Go to the link above and scroll down and you'll see peoples posts about OBS crashing their systems. Many people are having problems with the latest releases.

I do see that a new update was released today so maybe that fixes the issues?
latest OBS update here

If that doesn't work, try the 27.1.3 64Bit version in the link below: it's the one I've been using and many others have been using with few or no crashes.
Previous versions of OBS

Good Luck.....

Last edited:
My computer is running absolutely terrible right now after doing this. i am trying to reinstall tarkov but even my display is laggy. I had to revert all of the things you reccomended and I am still getting a blue screen now. I cant run any game/program without a SIGNIGFICANT wait time.
Sorry for the long wait to reply. I will first off like to say that I am sorry following my instructions made your issue worse.

DDU is a widely used utility program that most people end up using at some point to fix broken video drivers. It would be fair to say that DDU is a staple in the diagnosing of driver related issues. DDU only removes the current video drivers and registry entries effectively giving a clean slate for an install of the latest drivers form Nvidia and AMD. The Nvidia driver I linked is for the latest 3000 series graphics cards that includes your 3090, and 3070 for windows 10 / 11 64-bit OS.

In the years of tech diagnosing I have never seen usage of DDU to uninstall graphics drivers cause these issues. I wish I could see specifically what is going on with your system.

Okay:

The key is to do what you, and only you, have control of.

Do not use any third party software applications or utilities.

Start by uninstalling all problem games. Or, for now as a compromise, just those games with problems.

Take careful notes and be methodical. Very likely that you will notice something astray.
Do you think DDU actually did something harmful? I believe I wrote a pretty standardized diagnostic step to get rid of bad drivers. What do you think happened?

Pagefile issues usually involve the OS, RAM, or storage device. I would start with a memtest. The inbuilt Windows memtest would be prudent at this point in my opinion, along with the scf and dism commands as have been mentioned.

I also noticed something. He uses OBS and Discord which both have functionality that hook into the games process. This would explain that when Elden Ring crashed discord and OBS also crashed. The odd part is that I would still expect to see a log of those programs crashing at the same time as the game in Event Viewer or Reliability History.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
@helper800

Not using/applying DDU simply removes a possible source of the problem. Just as an interim matter of elimination.

And no problem with running memtest, sfc /scannow, dism, and even run the built-in Windows troubleshooters, etc..

Regarding what you noticed with respect to OBS and Discord - there could well be something there. Point well taken.

My thought is some "perfect storm" between Elden Ring, OBS, and Discord.

All the more so with the problem happening on two PCs.

= = = =

My suggestions this point:

Uninstall both OBS and Discord. Especially if there are release problems with OBS as was posted above.

Then determine if Elden Ring continues to crash. If so, uninstall and manually reinstall.

If all is well then add back either OBS or discord: just one at a time and allow some time in between to determine if the crashes end or start again.

While doing so keep an eye on the Reliability History and Event Viewer logs. Some other errors, warnings, or even informational events may be captured.

Focus should be on just one computer first. However, keep comparing logs Reliability History and Event Viewer logs, etc. between the two computers.

Some difference or other change may prove helpful.