Question Streaming and OBS

fishpain

Reputable
Mar 30, 2020
Hey i wasnt sure what forum thread to put this under so here i am. I have recently started streaming and was having no issues at all running the stream as i have a pretty expensive setup but i have however run into an issue recently using OBS as it is now saying my encoding is overloaded and is therefore making my stream very choppy, i had this issue yesterday and once i updated my obs to problem seemed to be fixed however it occurred again today. My CPU is an AMD Ryzen 3950x and GPU is an EVGA RTX 2080Ti, i have checked and watched my cpu temps whilst running the stream and watched cpu usage both are absolutely fine. Whilst everything is running stream and game my temps are never above 50 degrees and my cpu usage barely even above 10% however obs is still saying my encoding is overloaded? Am i overlooking something? GPU is at 99% for 3D whether or not the stream is running and around 40% Encoding when stream is running. I also use the new nvenc encoding?

Last edited by a moderator:

fishpain

Reputable
Mar 30, 2020
Nevermind i found the issue but im not sure how to fix it, whilst the stream is on and im actively doing something in game (overwatch) my gpu is at 99% (RTX 2080 Ti)

fishpain

Reputable
Mar 30, 2020
Streaming apex legends works fine but overwatch starts saying im encoding is overloaded Edit : Nevermind is happening during apex aswell, however i know for a fact with my exact same settings apex was streaming fine just 6 hours ago