Question Streaming audio (YouTube/Instagram) cuts off immediately after playing.

Aug 11, 2020
Hello,
I started having this really peculiar problem which I think started after my last Windows update on my fairly new Windows 10 PC. Audio from any streaming video mutes out almost immediately after I hit play. I also noticed that a red cross appeared on my sound icon in the notification area for a split second before disappearing again, but the audio still remains muted. This is happening intermittently. After I wait a while and play the video again, the sound comes back, but sometimes it stays that way and other times it cuts off again. Tried multiple browsers (Chrome, Firefox), same issue. Also tried restarting my PC but the problem remains. I have taken a screen recording to show you guys what exactly happens.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/178LGfapWh0Km_5SF1uEULaaZ2c-ol1kp/view?usp=sharing

Notice the momentary red cross that appears in the notification area just when the audio goes out. All videos and songs on my hard drive are playing perfectly. This issue seems to be occurring only for streaming audio/video.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS