Streaming fortnite HD

Aug 5, 2018
Hey, I was wondering if i can stream fortnite on this setup, and if not what should i upgrade?
Intel Core i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
8.00 GB RAM

Solution
Pretty much nobody can stream fortnite through the CPU because fortnite has issues with task priority,even if you limit the game to 60FPS at which point the CPU usage is ridiculously low you can't stream with the cores because fortnite just won't work right if there is anything else running on an equal priority.

You can use shadowplay (geforce experience) though and that will stream 1080/60 without even touching the performance of the game.

drinkingcola86

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2008
The short answer is yes but not well. Usually for steaming you want at least an i7 for the extra threads or an r5 from amd.

You could look at the simple upgrade of an i7-4770k or i7-4790k. You would need to check your power supply and to check your motherboard to see if you can overclock if it is a z-board. I would also suggest upgrading to 16 gig of ram also for your setup.

Pretty much nobody can stream fortnite through the CPU because fortnite has issues with task priority,even if you limit the game to 60FPS at which point the CPU usage is ridiculously low you can't stream with the cores because fortnite just won't work right if there is anything else running on an equal priority.

You can use shadowplay (geforce experience) though and that will stream 1080/60 without even touching the performance of the game.

Solution