Streaming from second pc

alridium

Reputable
Nov 8, 2017
So ive read lately that you can stream from a second pc using an addon on obs or something. So i was wondering what kind of specs a pc dedicated to only streaming needs. Do i need a strong cpu, do i need a strong gpu or a gpu at all? How much ram and stuff like that. Would love to know what i need or if anyone feel like show me a part list. Thanks for all the help :D

jed.r.w

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
You have a choice of using either the NDI plugin or you can setup an RTMP server using nginx. However both will still put some load on the CPU of your gaming PC due to the need to encode the stream before sending it across your network to your streaming PC. That said the load is reduced as you can transfer the stream at a much higher bitrate (so therefore lower compression) across your LAN than you could upload to your streaming service. To be honest if you are considering buying a second PC to stream from then I would recommend budgeting in a capture card to the build and do it that way. You should have better results with that method.

jed.r.w

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
You have a choice of using either the NDI plugin or you can setup an RTMP server using nginx. However both will still put some load on the CPU of your gaming PC due to the need to encode the stream before sending it across your network to your streaming PC. That said the load is reduced as you can transfer the stream at a much higher bitrate (so therefore lower compression) across your LAN than you could upload to your streaming service. To be honest if you are considering buying a second PC to stream from then I would recommend budgeting in a capture card to the build and do it that way. You should have better results with that method.

jed.r.w

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
As far as hardware goes any mid to high range i7 from the last 5 or so years will suit your needs. You don't need a strong GPU just enough to handle the scene rendering. You should get by with the iGPU on the CPU. RAM... 8GB is fine.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts