[SOLVED] Streaming on a 1050Ti

May 16, 2020
I've just upgraded my mobo and CPU from:
MSI 970 Gaming X + FX 8350
to:
MSI X370 Gaming Carbon Pro + Ryzen 2700.

I'm gonna upgrade my GPU later on but my question is as follows: will the newer CPU give me a substantial boost in streaming performance or is the difference negligent at best until I get a better GPU?

Thanks a bunch to anyone who's willing to help.
Kind regards.

Solution
You can use the CPU, to stream, and it will be far better, than what your old setup, for this. I do agree with getting a GPU upgrade, and using the latest Nvidia encoder to stream instead. It needs to be a GTX 1660, or better, though, to get said encoder.
May 28, 2020
The CPU will be good for streaming, but I advise you to switch from a gpu to a more powerful one like the 1660 super or if you have more money for rtx 2060 or higher as you can take advantage of the NVIDIA NVENC gpu for streaming and you will lose VERY little performance in fps...

Sorry for my english is a little bad xD

Reactions: Zweiclops
I've just upgraded my mobo and CPU from:
MSI 970 Gaming X + FX 8350
to:
MSI X370 Gaming Carbon Pro + Ryzen 2700.

I'm gonna upgrade my GPU later on but my question is as follows: will the newer CPU give me a substantial boost in streaming performance or is the difference negligent at best until I get a better GPU?

Thanks a bunch to anyone who's willing to help.
Kind regards.

Why not try it and see if it does?

May 16, 2020
The CPU will be good for streaming, but I advise you to switch from a gpu to a more powerful one like the 1660 super or if you have more money for rtx 2060 or higher as you can take advantage of the NVIDIA NVENC gpu for streaming and you will lose VERY little performance in fps...

Sorry for my english is a little bad xD

You're english is fine, don't worry! Thanks for your reply.
I know my GPU needs an upgrade, haha, was just wondering if it would get boosted by the better CPU alone.

Reactions: JoshVCF
May 16, 2020
You can use the CPU, to stream, and it will be far better, than what your old setup, for this. I do agree with getting a GPU upgrade, and using the latest Nvidia encoder to stream instead. It needs to be a GTX 1660, or better, though, to get said encoder.
Thanks, this was exactly the answer I was looking for. Gonna upgrade as soon as I get the moneys, I know streaming on a 1050Ti is REALLY pushing it, was just wondering. Thanks again for answering my question.

You are not going to play any remotely modern game, at 4k, with a 1050ti,
No you are not, but you can stream whatever is on your desktop.
The point I was making was that the 1050ti won't have any troubles, with the streaming part at least, at 1080.Because he said "I know streaming on a 1050Ti is REALLY pushing it, was just wondering. "

Yes with the 2700x he should be getting a better GPU anyways but that doesn't change the fact that streaming with an 1050ti is not pushing it at all.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
No you are not, but you can stream whatever is on your desktop.
The point I was making was that the 1050ti won't have any troubles, with the streaming part at least, at 1080.Because he said "I know streaming on a 1050Ti is REALLY pushing it, was just wondering. "

Yes with the 2700x he should be getting a better GPU anyways but that doesn't change the fact that streaming with an 1050ti is not pushing it at all.

Just taking a wild guess here.... but I'm pretty sure hes not looking to stream just his desktop....