Streaming PC Games From Desktop To Laptop Through Ethernet Cable?

pikabewm

Commendable
Nov 13, 2017
I've been using a program called Parsec to remotely control my desktop from my laptop. I am able to use all of the desktop's resources from the comfort of a mobile laptop.

The problem I have with this is that I'm currently connected to university wifi. The mass of people connected and strict NAT means that the connection between my two computers is slow and hangs sometimes.

Is there any method for me to control my desktop through my laptop by connecting an ethernet cable between the two, so that the connection is more stable? I've tried Steam in-home streaming which didn't seem to work since I didn't get the prompt to stream, only to download it to my laptop. I've also looked into Nvidia Shield but that appears to require me to purchase additional software, which I don't want to do. I'm willing to try any method involving Parsec or not. I just want to play the PC games on my desktop while controlling everything from a laptop.

pikabewm

Commendable
Nov 13, 2017
The program description says that it allows a desktop to be viewed and controlled over the Internet. So I establish the connection over the internet first, then I can drop from wifi and use an ethernet cable?