Streaming problems with obs/xsplit

Darkside_1

Commendable
Jul 21, 2016
Hello, i have an i7-6700k 2x gtx 970's and ive used obs and xsplit but i get unbearable frame drops on games like SWTOR, Overwatch, and smite. My drips get down past 30fps. Yet when not streaming im over 100fps all the time. Sometimes closer to 200fps. Whats wrong? My stream settings are 720p 30fps 2000 bitrate. Iven even gone down to 1500bitrate. And i have 30mbs upload speed

ZeroRequiem

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
You should be able to stream those games at 60fps without drops easily, try to configure your obs, there are many tutorials on youtube how to reach optimal performance. You can raise the bitrate to 3500 safely, thats the current maximum twitch supports right now (for normal users).

How much Ram do you have?
How many hard drives do you have?
What settings are you using?

Try these OBS settings:

If you have an Nvidia GPU, you can use that to reduce the load on your CPU:
To set it up for recordings:
1. go to settings
2. go to encoding
3. click the Nvidia NVENC button
4. Make sure Use CBR is turned on
5. Make sure Enable CBR Padding is turned off
6. Set your Max Bitrate (Kb/s) to your upload max upload speed. You'll want like 8000 or more though, this affects the visual quality of the video partly. (1mbps = 1000 kbps, www.speedtest.net)
7. go to Video and set the FPS to 60
8. Go to Advanced
9. Turn Use Multithreaded Optimizations on
10. Set NVENC Preset to High Quality
11. Set Encoding Profile to Main
12. Turn Use CFR on.

Darkside_1

Commendable
Jul 21, 2016
Ok ill give this a try real quick. But, nvenc quality is horrible, my i7 6700k should be MORE than enough right?
Twitch only allows max bitrate of 3500.
Im not partnered so i can only do 30fps.
I have 16gigs of ram, 1 ssd and 2 hard drives.
Settings ive used are
Bitrate 3500 even went down to 1500 still have massive problem of frames dropping to ~25 in game. I turn off streaming and my frames jump over 160fps. If im not mistaken it shouldnt drop that many frames. And im not talking about little drops, my frames drop to around 25 and stay there.

But ill give this a go.

Darkside_1

Commendable
Jul 21, 2016
Even with nvenc i get massive drops.
Shadowplay is a no go. I stream, shadowplay does not support many options that are required for what i do.
Im almost positive i have a piece of faulty hardware. There are people with i5 2400s that are able to pay and stream the games i play with higher quality and higher fps than me.

Darkside_1

Commendable
Jul 21, 2016
I am using OBS studio. I said i was using it several posta up.

James what do you mean? I have samsung magician. (Software for my ssd) can u elaborate more? And what is intel quick connect?

Samsung magician is EXACTLY what i'm talking about.

I've heard reports of it causing a lot of issues for gamers for random BS reasons.

OBS Studio COULD be a problem, if you use regular OBS (which is what my instructions are for) it may work better *shrug*