Jobjanusz

Reputable
Feb 22, 2019
Hello, everyone! I have problem. I want to stream with obs, but I'm getting low fps in game (CS:GO). No matter what I tried. I have tried to use the nvenc encoder, downscale it to 720p, turn off 2 pass encoding. But nothing seems to help. I'm wondering if I even can stream on my pc. Is my CPU too bad for streaming? CPU: I5-7400 gpu: GTX GEFORCE 1060 6 GB

I hope someone can help me.

Greetings,

Jobjanusz

Last edited:
No using nvenc you can stream with any CPU because it only runs on the GPU and leaves all the CPUs performance for the game.
If your upload is bottlenecked by the stream it might not leave enough bandwidth for the game to talk to the servers which would cause heavy lag.

Jobjanusz

Reputable
Feb 22, 2019
No using nvenc you can stream with any CPU because it only runs on the GPU and leaves all the CPUs performance for the game.
If your upload is bottlenecked by the stream it might not leave enough bandwidth for the game to talk to the servers which would cause heavy lag.
I'm already using the nvenc encoding. My internet speed is good. I always have a stable internet bandwidth too. So that's not an issue.

Jobjanusz

Reputable
Feb 22, 2019
Hello, everyone! I have problem. I want to stream with obs, but I'm getting low fps in game (CS:GO). No matter what I tried. I have tried to use the nvenc encoder, downscale it to 720p, turn off 2 pass encoding. But nothing seems to help. I'm wondering if I even can stream on my pc. Is my CPU too bad for streaming? CPU: I5-7400 gpu: GTX GEFORCE 1060 6 GB

I hope someone can help me.

Greetings,

Jobjanusz