Question Streaming Questions

sassums

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
I recently built a new gaming system and installed an Elgato - Game Capture 4K60 Pro MK.2 and am curious if I actually need to use it or if I can use the software that links Windows 10 to my Xbox Series X.

I understand I can stream my Xbox to my pc but am I able to then use that feed and send it through OBS or something similar? Or do I need to use a capture card to be able to get it on Twitch or similar?

If I'm understanding this correctly, are you asking can you stream the Xbox video to the PC, then use OBS to capture that?

While yes, the problem with streaming a console to another computer, even if they're connected via Ethernet, is there's a small amount of lag. Plus the quality of the video feed coming from the Xbox may not be the best. So then you're re-encoding a encoding.

But ultimate, go test it out and see what works best for you.

Reactions: Ralston18

sassums

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
Thanks I just wasn’t sure if it was possible. Like I said I do have the capture card along with the hdmi cables so if you’re thinking the quality is going to stink without a direct hdmi connection I may as well just do it that way