[SOLVED] Streaming to a second monitor

xerxesaria

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2012
I'm building a gaming pc desktop. This is going to be situated in one room in my house.
But, as I can't move the desktop, and sometimes spend my time in another room, I want to know if there is a way that I can stream my desktop to the monitor in the other room.

Or is there another way to accomplish this?

Solution
I'm building a gaming pc desktop. This is going to be situated in one room in my house.
But, as I can't move the desktop, and sometimes spend my time in another room, I want to know if there is a way that I can stream my desktop to the monitor in the other room.

Not easily. The amount of bandwidth required for display is very high. Look at this table for HDMI -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Refresh_frequency_limits_for_standard_video 1080p 60hz is over 3Gb.

kanewolf

Titan

Not easily. The amount of bandwidth required for display is very high. Look at this table for HDMI -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Refresh_frequency_limits_for_standard_video 1080p 60hz is over 3Gb.

Solution

Ducko

Prominent
Dec 11, 2019
Honestly it would be next to impossible to do it. First how in the hell would you hide the cable, or you would even need to drill some holes in your wall.

What you could do is connect if you have an other pc,android phone,laptop, smart tv, android tv box, to your monitor and then use a program like Steam to stream your games to it. This will require a good internet connection, plus if you were going to game with mouse and keyboard, the input lag will be noticable imo, so you would need a controller as well. If you wanna stream the whole desktop without intending to play games, you could go with teamviewer.