Question Streaming to TV from Windows 10 via HDMI Display problem

GPags

Reputable
Feb 26, 2020
I have an HP Envy laptop and an LG OLED77C2PUA Smart TV. When I stream live content from the laptop to the TV via an HDMI cable both displays are n landscape mode but the tv display is rotated 90 degrees. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I haven't been able to find a setting or the laptop that controls this behavior.
Thanks.

kanewolf

Titan
I have an HP Envy laptop and an LG OLED77C2PUA Smart TV. When I stream live content from the laptop to the TV via an HDMI cable both displays are n landscape mode but the tv display is rotated 90 degrees. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I haven't been able to find a setting or the laptop that controls this behavior.
Thanks.
Is the desktop rotated or just the content you are streaming?

GPags

Reputable
Feb 26, 2020
Everything is rotated. The TV display is the laptop screen, all open windows, rotated. With the video at full screen it is still rotated.

GPags

Reputable
Feb 26, 2020
The display on the tv is the laptop desktop, centered on the tv screen but rotated with the surrounding tv screen area black.

kanewolf

Titan
Everything is rotated. The TV display is the laptop screen, all open windows, rotated. With the video at full screen it is still rotated.
If EVERYTHING is rotated, then it is most likely a graphics setting. If you right click on the desktop background you can check the "Display settings" . For each monitor there is an option to have landscape or portrait orientation.