Streaming Video - Audio Out of Sync

TyGuyy

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012
I apologize if i am posting this in the wrong forum, but i just built my machine and I have a very annoying problem.

I have a new Ivy bridge i7-3770K
GTX-570 Video Card
ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE LGA w/on board Realtek Audio
16Gb Ram
the works...

Anyways, when in Youtube or Vimeo, and other streaming video services, the audio always appears to be a tad out of sync with the video. I have tried two different monitors, installed flash again, and even dis activated and reactivated hardware acceleration. Still nothing.

Anyone have a solution to this? I would be very appreciative. Thanks!

T.

Solution
This is quite a widespread problem with the latest version of Flash called "Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31." If you have Chrome, type "chrome://plugins/" into your address bar, click "Details" in the top right corner, and disable "Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31." Audio sync should now be good.

If you don't have Chrome, uninstall your current version of Flash and go to a previous one. Adobe has been making each release worse and worse as if they are trying to.

TrantaLocked

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2009
This is quite a widespread problem with the latest version of Flash called "Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31." If you have Chrome, type "chrome://plugins/" into your address bar, click "Details" in the top right corner, and disable "Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31." Audio sync should now be good.

If you don't have Chrome, uninstall your current version of Flash and go to a previous one. Adobe has been making each release worse and worse as if they are trying to.

Solution

schnitter

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Did you install the latest drivers off ASUS website? Maybe it is the soundcard drivers. There should be no issues with that hardware.

Does it happen with FireFox, Chrome AND IExplorer? Give at least 2 browsers a try. I know Google Chrome are trying to do stupid stuff to keep Flash so that might be an issue. I don't use Chrome so I can vouch for FireFox only.

TyGuyy

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012
Tranta, you are a freakin life saver. I was losing my mind trying to figure this out. And yes Schnitter, it's a Chrome issue. Just had to disable Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31 and VOILA. I love this forum. THANKS!

Aug 17, 2012
I'm having a similar problem guys and could really use some help. Been trying to find an answer for days...

Usually use Chrome as IE (8?) on my machine sooo sloooow to load up.
Ever since Chrome auto updated Flash 11.3 r300, videos on some sites lag terribly and some are just kinda' intermittently "skippy" and mildly annoying.

YouTube isn't a problem (ie: Google-owned and in sync with Flash 11.3?), although videos on certain news - HuffPo, CNN, etc. - sites still play choppy at times.

At first, the major problem was in full screen mode (video slowmoed bad) but found that disabling that annoying PepperPot, or whatever 11.3 r31 took care of THAT problem (although it "re-sets" automatically at times and I have to go back into Plug-ins and Disable...again...grrrr...). But still, since the new Java and Flash updates, certain video sites just plain suck now, whether in small or fullscreen modes...lag time and freeze up of almost all videos...audio and video out of whack completely and by several seconds.

I've run numerous anti-virus/malware programs, registry clean-ups, etc...no problems found or any found repaired. I'm stuck with this driver (on a 2005 Dell Desktop) - ran a Driver Update search and Microsoft gave me the "you're already using the best for your machine" message.

I did try an experiment by trying the lagging vid sites with IE and the videos played pretty much flawlessly, I guess because it's still using my stand-alone installed older version of Flash (10.2 or 10.3). IE did keep prompting me to download "latest Flash" and I had to disable that window that kept popping up...don't want to screw up IE with "new and improved" Flash 11.3.

So, am I stuck using IE for some video sites and Chrome for others until Google gets off their ass and fixes the Flash problem? It's a pain to keep switching between browsers; it's much more convenient to use one, and I generally like the quickness and greater security of Chrome. Although, I am constantly getting the "page(s) unresponsive" box in Chrome...it's annoying in itself and happens a lot.

Any suggestions? I'm not a computer expert but a more than casual user and can usually troubleshoot well. I'm stumped. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated because it's driving me nuts.

Jan 23, 2019
hi..my problem fixed after i disabled my kaspersky internet security(or alternatively add www.youtube.com to the trusted url in web antivirus advanced option,,eventually i replaced it with bullguard..and i kept the above sound sitting changes as well