[SOLVED] Streaming with I7 3770 or I7 2600k

Narlotep

Reputable
Jun 24, 2020
Hello everyone!
Recently me and my fiance got into streaming so we planned an upgrade. I found a cheap ryzen complete system and she got hooked on it so I'm not touching that anymore :)).

I originally started on my laptop with an I5 but that is not holding well so it was high time I switched to desktop as well. Now since I'm too afraid to take the new ryzen system from my fiance, I have to repurpose an older system. My question is which of the two processors I should choose.
I basically have 2 motherboards with the 2 mentioned processors. The 2600k has a beefy aftermarket cooler from Cooler Master and its motherboard has 2 PCIe express slots for multi GPU support. That being said I'm going to pair the chosen processor with 16 GB of 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM and an RX 580 8GB version.The PSU is a 700w 85+ Corsair series.
Now all that remains is to decide which one I should choose, and for that, I need your help. Also, is crossfire going to be an option? Would it work better now than before?And which combination would perform better since I'm going to stream(mainly)?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for replying! I wish you a wonderful day.

Solution
Hello everyone!
Recently me and my fiance got into streaming so we planned an upgrade. I found a cheap ryzen complete system and she got hooked on it so I'm not touching that anymore :)).

I originally started on my laptop with an I5 but that is not holding well so it was high time I switched to desktop as well. Now since I'm too afraid to take the new ryzen system from my fiance, I have to repurpose an older system. My question is which of the two processors I should choose.
I basically have 2 motherboards with the 2 mentioned processors. The 2600k has a beefy aftermarket cooler from Cooler Master and its motherboard has 2 PCIe express slots for multi GPU support. That being said I'm going to pair the chosen processor with 16 GB of...
Hello everyone!

I basically have 2 motherboards with the 2 mentioned processors. The 2600k has a beefy aftermarket cooler from Cooler Master and its motherboard has 2 PCIe express slots for multi GPU support. That being said I'm going to pair the chosen processor with 16 GB of 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM and an RX 580 8GB version.The PSU is a 700w 85+ Corsair series.
Now all that remains is to decide which one I should choose, and for that, I need your help. Also, is crossfire going to be an option? Would it work better now than before?And which combination would perform better since I'm going to stream(mainly)?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for replying! I wish you a wonderful day.
Unless the 2600K is on a Z series motherboard for overclocking it to 4.5Ghz+, the 3770 will run about the same speed or slightly faster. The 3770 offers PCIE 3.0 support if that makes any difference, otherwise the 2600K would be the better CPU in this case.

Solution