[SOLVED] Streaming with Ryzen 3 2200G and an RX 460 OC ?

Dec 10, 2021
Can I stream smoothly with these specs:
Ryzen 3 2200g
Rx 460 OC
16gb ram ?

What is the best obs set.up for this ? Thanks for the advice 👌

Solution
Hey there,

Your specs are on the weak side for streaming. In terms of settings, that's hard to say. I'd start with the lowest settings for obs and see what your output video is like. It's prob gonna be very choppy even at a low gaming/output res of 720p/30fps.

You really need a good 6 core CPU and a higher tier GPU for a better experience and that's like the min. For effective streaming with good 1080p/60 output, you'd ideally want an 8 core CPU with a recent mid tier GPU like a 2060S/RTX3060/Ti/Radeon 5700xt/6600xt. Your system as is, is only good enough for low-to med settings for current games, and that's without any streaming being involved.
Hey there,

Your specs are on the weak side for streaming. In terms of settings, that's hard to say. I'd start with the lowest settings for obs and see what your output video is like. It's prob gonna be very choppy even at a low gaming/output res of 720p/30fps.

You really need a good 6 core CPU and a higher tier GPU for a better experience and that's like the min. For effective streaming with good 1080p/60 output, you'd ideally want an 8 core CPU with a recent mid tier GPU like a 2060S/RTX3060/Ti/Radeon 5700xt/6600xt. Your system as is, is only good enough for low-to med settings for current games, and that's without any streaming being involved.

Solution