[SOLVED] Streamlabs OBS latency issue

Oct 3, 2020
I've been doing test streams on youtube using Streamlabs OBS. The issue im having is that whenever i add a source to a scene such as a picture/video/audio or any source, it runs smooth on my end but on the viewer end, there's a very long delay (15-30 secs) before they see the new source. Hoping someone can help me with this. I've had this issue on my IMAC which is pretty powerful. So i'm certain it's not a CPU issue. i've tried many different settings in streamlabs & nothing has worked.

Solution
i use streamlabs. I don't use these other programs
You can choose nvenc as the encoder in streamlabs as well, that way your GPU does all the work and you don't have any performance issues.

But, as I already said, it's probably due to the streaming service having to process the stream before sending it out again.
Are you having your viewers confirm this or are you watching your own stream on the same system?
If it were to be caused by your performance you would see it right away and not just on the stream, this sounds very much like a network bandwidth/buffering issue, I can imagine that the streaming service twitch/youtube takes your stream and does all sorts of conversations on it before showing it, for uploads on youtube that's what happens at least.

Reactions: SteveRX4
Oct 3, 2020
Are you having your viewers confirm this or are you watching your own stream on the same system?
If it were to be caused by your performance you would see it right away and not just on the stream, this sounds very much like a network bandwidth/buffering issue, I can imagine that the streaming service twitch/youtube takes your stream and does all sorts of conversations on it before showing it, for uploads on youtube that's what happens at least.
i watch the stream back on my phone. I Also had viewers confirm that there was a lag when adding sources as well.

I don't have the NVEC option.
Click on where it says encoder = software(x264)
you should have at least two more options nvenc for nvidia and qsv for intel's iGPU.
1*yOJlu-BtZNuaq3fAZth8sg.png