'Street Fighter II' Celebrates 30th Anniversary With SNES Cartridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian_227

Prominent
Apr 10, 2017
So an obsolete old version of a game that nobody plays for a system that nobody has anymore? Brilliant decision, Capcom.

bloodroses

Distinguished

Do you honestly think anyone is going to buy it for the purpose of playing it when the original loose cartridge can be bought on ebay for $10-15? This is purely a collectors item; and a limited run on top of that.

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011

What I took away was that Capcom is doing a small production run of a classic game for collectors. I didn't know that they were changing their entire business model to only produce obsolete versions of games for the Super Nintendo. Good call BRIAN_227. That was stupid of them.

Hey, before I let you go, I wanted to mention that I called several big game development studios today and told them about a potential lead marketing candidate that I met today online. I said that he had a keen sense of today's video game culture and had some constructive criticisms that would revolutionize the way game companies do business. I didn't want to sell you too hard or they would never believe that you were for real. I'll pm you if I get a response from anyone.

bloodroses

Distinguished

You're right. I didn't even notice that until you said something. Now I don't feel quite so old... LOL

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011

I thought that was a joke when I first read it. I've never heard of reproduction cartridges catching fire before. This game is supposed to sell for $100 so you would think they could go the extra mile to make sure it doesn't destroy your Super Nintendo.

bloodroses

Distinguished

If I had one, I don't think I'd ever pop it into a system to find out anyways. I bet people with those NES World Championships carts are the same way as well.

But yeah, you'd think they'd make them safe. It could be just a disclaimer to cover their butt though.

alextheblue

Distinguished
If there is seriously any sort of fire hazard, however remote, they cheaped out somewhere. Watermelon Games' titles don't light your system on fire. :p

Darn that reminds me I still need to pick up the Dreamcast edition of Pier Solar.

Icehearted

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
I still have my SNES, a CRT TV, and about 20 old snes games. SF2T, FF3, Chrono Trigger, and Super Mario Kart got the most play back in the day. I'd be on board, but this thing is too risky. Give me a vintage cart any time.

And SNES still rocks. Games before micro-transactions, achievements, season pass, patches, etc... y'know, when it was just about buying and playing a video game. Ah yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.