Strike F1 to continue or F12 to enter setup.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I have a XPS Gen 3, Bios version A02, Intel 3.60 GHz, 2.0 GB memory.

A while back one of my RAID 1 hard drives became "Degraded". I had to start
the Intel Application Accelerator program and rebuild the mirror array,
which was successful.

Since then, during the post routine, it shows the Bios info and the array
info, shown below:

Raid Volumes:
0 Array Raid1 mirror Normal
Physical Disks:
0 (serial #) 232.8GB
Member Disk (0)
2 ( serial#) 232.8GB
Member Disk (0)

Contrl 1 to enter setup.

Then beeps ounce and the following appears:

Strike F1 to continue or F12 to enter setup.

Can someone advise how I can fix this to where I don't have press F1 every
time I boot?
I know it has to do with rebuilding the Raid 1 array, but need help with
returning the boot process back to normal.

Thanks in advance.

"Small things amuse small minds."
:Anonymous
Name: Steve M.M.

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

Check to make sure everything is OK in the BIOS, like Date, and also see if
its reset the bios defaults ie , floppy "on" when there is no floppy simple
things like that
"Steve" <smjm5y5r@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have a XPS Gen 3, Bios version A02, Intel 3.60 GHz, 2.0 GB memory.
>
> A while back one of my RAID 1 hard drives became "Degraded". I had to
> start the Intel Application Accelerator program and rebuild the mirror
> array, which was successful.
>
> Since then, during the post routine, it shows the Bios info and the array
> info, shown below:
>
> Raid Volumes:
> 0 Array Raid1 mirror Normal
> Physical Disks:
> 0 (serial #) 232.8GB Member Disk
> (0)
> 2 ( serial#) 232.8GB Member Disk
> (0)
>
> Contrl 1 to enter setup.
>
> Then beeps ounce and the following appears:
>
> Strike F1 to continue or F12 to enter setup.
>
> Can someone advise how I can fix this to where I don't have press F1 every
> time I boot?
> I know it has to do with rebuilding the Raid 1 array, but need help with
> returning the boot process back to normal.
>
> Thanks in advance.

> "Small things amuse small minds."
> :Anonymous
> Name: Steve M.M.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I've done that, and all is good. I had previously written down all Bios
settings when I got the computer. All is the same.

"Small things amuse small minds."
:Anonymous
Name: Steve Meyer
email: smjmeyer@comcast.net

Fixer wrote:
> Then you might as well phone Dell Tech support it might be a hardware fault
> but I'm sure its something in the settings
> "Steve" <smjm5y5r@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > I've done that, and all is good. I had previously written down all Bios
> > settings when I got the computer. All is the same.
> >
> > --

> > "Small things amuse small minds."
> > :Anonymous
> > Name: Steve Meyer
> > email: smjmeyer@comcast.net
> >
> > "Fixer" <the.hedonist@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> >> Check to make sure everything is OK in the BIOS, like Date, and also see
> >> if its reset the bios defaults ie , floppy "on" when there is no floppy
> >> simple things like that
> >> "Steve" <smjm5y5r@comcast.net> wrote in message

Mike
Trouble with this world is that it's filled with apathy! But who
cares!

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

Then you might as well phone Dell Tech support it might be a hardware fault
but I'm sure its something in the settings
"Steve" <smjm5y5r@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I've done that, and all is good. I had previously written down all Bios
> settings when I got the computer. All is the same.

> "Small things amuse small minds."
> :Anonymous
> Name: Steve Meyer
> email: smjmeyer@comcast.net
>
> "Fixer" <the.hedonist@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Check to make sure everything is OK in the BIOS, like Date, and also see
>> if its reset the bios defaults ie , floppy "on" when there is no floppy
>> simple things like that
>> "Steve" <smjm5y5r@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>I have a XPS Gen 3, Bios version A02, Intel 3.60 GHz, 2.0 GB memory.
>>>
>>> A while back one of my RAID 1 hard drives became "Degraded". I had to
>>> start the Intel Application Accelerator program and rebuild the mirror
>>> array, which was successful.
>>>
>>> Since then, during the post routine, it shows the Bios info and the
>>> array info, shown below:
>>>
>>> Raid Volumes:
>>> 0 Array Raid1 mirror Normal
>>> Physical Disks: