strix 1070ti or evga 1070ti ftw2

aaron.mcgrew7

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
Guys I am stuck here. I simply don't know what graphics card to get. Do I go with the EVGA 1070ti FTW2 Gaming Edition, or the ASUS ROG Strix 1070ti Advanced Edition?

Quick side note, I have an asus z370 mobo with aura sync, so going with the strix card would allow me to synch up the led's in my case. However I really feel that is not a priority, just would look better (I assume) than the mobo and the evga card led's being out of sync

Solution

If its only a $20 difference, definitely get the Strix. Do note that there are different versions of the strix, one is slightly higher clocked than the other.

AnonymousAndy

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
Price difference in your location? I personally can't stand the look of EVGA 10 series cards, they're all disgusting.
Strix is far more beautiful, if you're worried about looks. The strix OC out performs the ftw2, but this gain is negligible... the price usually isn't a negligible difference.

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
I'd take the Strix. Slightly better cooling and it matches with your build. As said before, both cards are nice. EVGA tends to be higher on the quality and customer support scale, while ASUS tends to be higher on the performance scale. You can't go wrong with either option.

aaron.mcgrew7

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
Quick edit to my original comment where i added the word NOT to the sentence talking about syncing up the leds. i meant to say it was not a priority as i am really looking for performance and heat differences between the cards. Price wise where I am is only a negligible 20$

AnonymousAndy

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014

If its only a $20 difference, definitely get the Strix. Do note that there are different versions of the strix, one is slightly higher clocked than the other.

Solution

aaron.mcgrew7

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017

I ordered the Strix card. The only one I saw was the 1759MHz boost clock version

aaron.mcgrew7

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017

I agree, just couldn't decide which one to go with. I have had an asus 970 for a few years now and when my first one went bad they replaced it with no hassles, which was definitely a factor in deciding which 1070ti to choose.