Strix 1080 ti artifacts

skpatel71

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
hey i have strix 1080 ti and im seeing artifacts on heaven only and its specific to benchmark mode
when doing normal loop on heaven i see no artifacts but when doing benchmark i see them

Solution
Ideally, in a perfect situation, everything should work flawlessly. That rarely happens with computers due to all the different software, drivers and hardware that come in so many configurations.

I had a GPU overclock work well on everything - benchmarks, games, testing. No issues.....that was until I picked up a new game a few months down the road. I tried multiple drivers, but it always resulted in the same thing; the new game would throw a few artifacts, hang and crash. I lowered the overclock and the crashes stopped.

If the benchmark is the only thing giving you artifacts and it doesn't happen anywhere else, I wouldn't really concern myself with it. Seeing as though the card is most likely fairly new, perhaps an email to ASUS with...

skpatel71

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013

I know that artifacts happens due to high memory clock and crash happens due to high core clocks and my temps are only reaching 66c.
My question is why this is happening only in heaven and that is also I'm benchmark mode only , everything else is running fine firestrike all the games running well , can't see artifacts in any game or firestrike.

neatfeatguy

Respectable
May 24, 2016
Ideally, in a perfect situation, everything should work flawlessly. That rarely happens with computers due to all the different software, drivers and hardware that come in so many configurations.

I had a GPU overclock work well on everything - benchmarks, games, testing. No issues.....that was until I picked up a new game a few months down the road. I tried multiple drivers, but it always resulted in the same thing; the new game would throw a few artifacts, hang and crash. I lowered the overclock and the crashes stopped.

If the benchmark is the only thing giving you artifacts and it doesn't happen anywhere else, I wouldn't really concern myself with it. Seeing as though the card is most likely fairly new, perhaps an email to ASUS with all your pertinent information and see what they think.

Solution