[SOLVED] Strix 3090 OC - Micro stutter in all benchmarks and all games and benchmarks !! - I'm desperate .. help me!

theotorm

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
Hi everyone
i have big problems with my new strix 3090 oc.
My configuration is:
I9 10900K set in stock
Maximus XII Extreme
Custom Loop EK cpu only
32 Gb Ram Gskill Trident Z
ROG Strix 3090 OC
Case Obsidian 1000D
ROG Swift 25 "240hz Gsync monitor

since I mounted the new card I always have micro stuttering in everything:
Benchmark (superposition / Firestrike / Heaven .... etc)
All games (RDR2, AC Origins, Farcry5)
The only game in which it is less frequent is DOOM Eternal.

They are annoying micro stutters that prevent me from playing on a 2000 Euro card!
When this happens the use of the GPU goes from 95% to 70% and then goes up again (see the attached photo).

MSI Afterburner GPu Usage Stuttering

I tried to:
Clean formatting of windows 10 without any kind of monitoring software
Detached all HUBs and RGB Supports
Tried several types of nvidia drivers.
Enabled / Disabled Gsync
Changed Display Port Cable

The card appears to run smoothly in both stock and oc with excellent benchmark scores.
No errors or crashes or reboots.
I don't know what to do anymore ... I'm desperate ... such a powerful and expensive card but you can't play !!

GPU temperatures are normal (max 68 degrees) and CPU temperatures are also normal (max 62 degrees)

Could you please help me?
thanks a lot
Francis

Solution
At what res are you playing? Even the RTX3090 may not capable of 240 fps for smooth FPS at maxed detail even at 1080P

See if the stutter is gone on something other than a 240 Hz refresh display....

Test with CS:GO, where you know the rig is capable of 500-550 FPS.

Do you have adequate/correct Display Port spec 1.2 /HDMI 1.4 certified cables to your monitor? (not all cables are equal, especially at 240 HZ refresh)

theotorm

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
[QUOTE = "dotas1, post: 22174573, membro: 1967111"]
Assicurati di aver installato il BIOS, i driver del chipset e gli aggiornamenti di Windows più recenti.

Qual è la marca e il modello esatti del tuo alimentatore?
[/ CITAZIONE]
Ciao! tutti i driver e il chipset sono installati in modo pulito! Ho messo l'ultima versione del Bios. il mio alimentatore è Corsair ax1600i. Mi sono ricordato ora che non ho attivato xmp e ho lasciato la mia ram gskill trident z 3600 completamente in stock! Potrebbe essere questo il mio microstuttering sia nei giochi che nei benchmark? oddio .... purtroppo adesso non sono a casa per poter provare questo! puoi darmi un'opinione?

theotorm

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
Hi ... I removed the two 512gb M2 970pro SSDs and installed everything
on a normal 2tb ssd and the problem in game is gone. So one of the 2 ssd's can be as much even if it shows no signs of problems?
How can I test an M2 disk since in crystaldiskinfo it gives me 100% good on both?
Could the connectors on the motherboard also be bad?
My motherboard also has the slot next to the ram available using an accessory.

At what res are you playing? Even the RTX3090 may not capable of 240 fps for smooth FPS at maxed detail even at 1080P

See if the stutter is gone on something other than a 240 Hz refresh display....

Test with CS:GO, where you know the rig is capable of 500-550 FPS.

Do you have adequate/correct Display Port spec 1.2 /HDMI 1.4 certified cables to your monitor? (not all cables are equal, especially at 240 HZ refresh)

Solution

theotorm

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
[QUOTE = "mdd1963, post: 22184428, membro: 45359"]
A che res stai giocando? Anche l'RTX3090 potrebbe non essere in grado di raggiungere 240 fps per FPS fluidi con dettagli massimi anche a 1080P

Controlla se la balbuzie è andata su qualcosa di diverso da un display di aggiornamento a 240 Hz ....

Prova con CS: GO, dove sai che il rig è in grado di raggiungere 500-550 FPS.

Hai cavi certificati con specifica Display Port 1.2 / HDMI 1.4 adeguati / corretti per il tuo monitor? (non tutti i cavi sono uguali, specialmente a 240 HZ refresh)
[/ CITAZIONE]
hello but is it possible that these stutters are caused because I play in fhd? eg yes that if I try in 2k or 4k can they shoot? I read that the 3090 is too powerful and has times by problems with the fhd. i tried to change all the components except the cpu ... it could be that? yet it works fine ... no crash or bsod..pre you give me an opinion?