Strix 960 4GB now working with Gigabyte Gaming 5

FallenEon

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017
So I just got a new motherboard in this morning. To be specific the GIGABYTE AORUS GA-AX370-Gaming 5. Now this is paired with the Ryzen 1700x and my GTX Strix 960 4GB along with Corsair LED 16GB(2x8GB) 2400mhz ram.

Now for the problem. Everything is plugged in and ready to go, but when I hit the power button nothing happens. Well not exactly nothing, but the debug code thing shows a 62 which the manuals says "installation of the pch runtime services". As well as the code the motherboard also has an LED to indicate if something is not working and in this case the "VGA" LED is lit up. Indicating that something is wrong with this.

So my question is obvious and that is, what the hell is happening?

P.S. This 960 works perfectly fine in my old build which is an ASUS TUF Sabertooth 990fx r3.0 with and AMD FX-8350 and 16GB of Corsair Vengeance RAM 1600mhz.

P.P.S. The PSU I am using is the Rosewill Hive 750W Semi-Modular

Solution
So the PCIE slot 1 doesnt work you may need to RMA the motherboard as thats a big issue. Get a new one as the boards ability to take 2 video cards is big part of its added price.
You dont by chance have the monitor connected to your motherboard video output? If so plug it upto the video card. Try reseating your video card by pulling it out and put it back in. Test using only 1 stick of RAM and then swap to the other. Unplug your drives to see if you can just get to bios.

FallenEon

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017
Thanks but none of these solutions worked. I still believe, like the motherboard says, that the issue is with VGA. I don't have the HDMI from the motherboard plugged in and my CPU doesn't have integrated graphics anyways. Also no luck with getting to the bios, since the VGA is halting the boot

So if drives, RAM, and video isn't the issue. Next unbolt the motherboard and take it out of the case. Set it on the motherboard box with everything connected and test if the motherboard was grounding on the case. If it still doesn't get into bios take out your CPU and check the pins for bent or broken pins. Check differant PCIE slots.

FallenEon

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017
Well I really appreciate all the help from, but my dumb self didn't even think to try a different PCI-E port. :facepalm: lol. But everything is up and running, and again I appreciate the help!

So if you can just post check a different PCI-E port so I can mark as the solution that would be great as well!