[SOLVED] STRIX B450-F audio "crackling" issue

Jul 29, 2020
Yo!

So I have a bit of a problem, I hear weird "crackling" noises from my headphones when im doing anything in windows. The issue started happening after I changed my from an Asrock motherboard to a Strix b450-f.

Here is a list of things i have tried: I tried reseating the front audio connector, tried unpluging it, tried reseating the GPU, set the pcie16_1 in the uefi to Gen 3, tried reinstalling the Audio drivers from the ASUS website tried uninstalling ASUS Sonic suite, tried unpluging different usb cables from the back of the mobo, tried reinstalling Windows 10, tried changing CPU Infinity fabric voltages, tried changing CPU SoC voltages, tried reseating the ram, tried installing older Audio drivers, tried disabling enhancements in Windows, tried disabling AMD High definition audio device, tried changing exclusive mode settings in windows, tried using different formats in Windows, tried installing uninstalling Realtek drivers and using High Definition Audio drivers from Windows instead,I also tried disabling D.O.C.P, I have also tried disabling Fast boot in the UEFI. But the problem still persists, it hasn't gotten worse or better still the same thing. I also checked Audio latency and the results showed that my mobo perfectly deals with real-time Audio.

After a little bit of digging I've noticed, when my pc is using a lot of GPU the "crackling" or "static" noise becomes worse. I tried pluging in my speakers into the mobo and I selected "Front Speaker out" in SupremeFX control panel. The speakers didn't pick up the static or "crackling that my headphones did, but the noise started to come out out of my GPU!?!? I have no idea what is happening in my system, but im guessing there is some kind of electrical current leaking from my pciE slot? I have also noticed that my headphones don't pick up any static noises until Windows is almost at the desktop......

I don't know if these will help, but here are my specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x (no overclocks)

RAM: 16 GB HyperX FURY DDR4 RGB

GPU: RX 5700 XT Gigabyte Windforce OC

MoBo: ASUS ROG Strix b450-f gaming

Case: NZXT H500

Headset: HyperX Cloud II

Jul 29, 2020
Yo!

If anyone wants to know how I fixed the issue, I just had to update the BIOS and Chipset drivers. Now the problem is compeletely fixed!

Solution