Question STRIX-E Z790 motherboard is not detecting SATA hard drives in new build

Feb 5, 2023
Hi all,
First time visitor and poster to these forums. I'm at a complete loss on this one. I have done a fresh build with a Asus ROG STRIX-E Z790 motherboard., PSU is Thermaltake 1650 Toughpower GF3 PSU and a 13th gen processer.
I have 3 NVME drives installed which were detected with no problems.
I also have 2x Seagate 8TB Hard drives installed in the system through sata ports 1 & 2.
All SATA ports are enabled in BIOS, I have also tried with VMD controller enabled and disabled, mapping sata to VMD and PCIE mapping disabled.
I have tried different SATA cables, different connections on PSU, I have confirmed power on more than one cable that I have tried.
I feel like this iis looking like a motherboard issue but I hope I'm misssing something simple.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Tony

Hi all,
First time visitor and poster to these forums. I'm at a complete loss on this one. I have done a fresh build with a Asus ROG STRIX-E Z790 motherboard., PSU is Thermaltake 1650 Toughpower GF3 PSU and a 13th gen processer.
I have 3 NVME drives installed which were detected with no problems.
I also have 2x Seagate 8TB Hard drives installed in the system through sata ports 1 & 2.
All SATA ports are enabled in BIOS, I have also tried with VMD controller enabled and disabled, mapping sata to VMD and PCIE mapping disabled.
I have tried different SATA cables, different connections on PSU, I have confirmed power on more than one cable that I have tried.
I feel like this iis looking like a motherboard issue but I hope I'm misssing something simple.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Tony
Not detected......I assume you mean the bios?

If you put your finger on the hdd can you feel it spin up when you apply power?