Question STRIX MotherBoard lights on but no boot

vleds123

Commendable
Apr 29, 2019
Hello I have a Strix X270 mobo and i have alots of problems with it. Most of the time it won't boot and i have to wiggle the power switch and press the power button alot for it to turn on, when it turns on i get either the cpu red light (very few), it will boot into BIOS without detecting SSD or i get stuck in the white vga LED but most of the time it won't turn on. I updated BIOS i know its none of my hardware including the PSU because if I use my old H110 Biostar everything works like a charm. It always double boot (turns on then off and on automatically). No, the mobo doesn't touch any metal from the case because even if i put it on its box and try it doesn't work. Please someone help! :(

Strix Z270F
Intel I5 7400
Hynix 8Gb 2133
MSI GTX 1060
HIKVision 240+480Gb

Now the PC is on and is working very well but if i turn it off and leave for more than 15 min off it will not boot again

vleds123

Commendable
Apr 29, 2019
if you think the issue is the motherboard, why not replace it?
Because I bought it 2nd hand from someone that is no longer living here. And after BIOS update it worked fine for a couple of month then crashed again. I cannot afford another board right now and my liquid setup is broken so im back with fans and i don't want to come back to Biostar where i can't control my fans.

Anyway if its powered on now and i can even turn it off and directly turn it back on why can't it stay like this all the time? what is causing this problem?