Strix Soar soundcard not detected by Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 mobo

Candan

Honorable
Jul 27, 2014
Hi All

Gave up on on-board sound. Way too much static pop and crackle that I cannot fix. Updated/downgraded BIOS, removed and reinstalled all drivers and even windows. If I reinstall the drivers it fixes it until the next reboot. So I gave up.

Switched off all on-board sound on bios and installed Strix Soar sound card I had lying around.

Cold boot will not detect the card at all (tried all available PCI slots - same issue)

Warm boot will detect the card after about 3 or 4 warm boots.

Reinstalled and uninstalled all drivers. Removed all hardware from Device Manager and reapplied. Removed all windows sound drivers, reinstalled latest Sound drivers from SB website. Latest BIOS on mobo.

I don't believe it's a windows issue so nothing to do with the drivers within windows. Because, during POST, if the sound card is going to be seen on that boot, I hear an amplifier pop from my speakers. If it's not going to detect the card I don't hear anything at all.

- Fast Boot in BIOS is disabled.

Please help

Candan

Honorable
Jul 27, 2014
I have an update.

If I open the BIOS on a cold boot, and exit out without any other operation, the sound card is found.

Additionally, if I don't go into the BIOS, it can take half a dozen warm restarts until the sound card is found.

What could cause this?