[SOLVED] Strix vega 64 aritfacting ?

JustifyHerko

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Hi, Only bought this GPU around 2 months ago, after a few driver updates (One of them was a beta driver) I have started to get GPU artifacts, really bad ones. I rolled back to a stable driver, although still having these issues.

I really really don't want to RMA this, I will be raging if i need to.

CPU 2700
16Ram
PSU is i think 700 or 750

Any help is appreciated

Solution
Hi ;)

Ive had a Vega 64 for over a year with no issues & my brother now has the same card - no artifacting.

Most artifacting issues are GPU bound issues & most of the time it cant be fixed. Im guessing that the issue you are seeing isnt as result of drivers, its just that the artifacting started as you updated drivers so it might look like a driver issue, but I dont think it is. There are instances where we may observe artifacts in a certain game only & this is usually some software / driver / optimization issue, if you see artifacts on different games & in general on any screen it is a hardware issue.

Generally, re-installing the GPU drivers and lowering clock rates doesn't fix it, there is no other way but returning the card.

Guys...

tiaan_strauss

Proper
Jan 12, 2019
Hi ;)

Ive had a Vega 64 for over a year with no issues & my brother now has the same card - no artifacting.

Most artifacting issues are GPU bound issues & most of the time it cant be fixed. Im guessing that the issue you are seeing isnt as result of drivers, its just that the artifacting started as you updated drivers so it might look like a driver issue, but I dont think it is. There are instances where we may observe artifacts in a certain game only & this is usually some software / driver / optimization issue, if you see artifacts on different games & in general on any screen it is a hardware issue.

Generally, re-installing the GPU drivers and lowering clock rates doesn't fix it, there is no other way but returning the card.

Guys like Nvidia & AMD manufacture millions of GPUs and about 1% of them have certain defects, theres no way around this. Its happened to some of my Nvidia cards, Monitors, Phones etc. Its just bad luck thats all ;)

Just return the card & take advantage of the warranty.

Good luck

Solution

TRENDING THREADS