Question Strix x370-f gaming board bios issues.. no UEFI

dj3642a

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2015
I have had this board for years.. uefi has always been enabled.. but suddenly in the last few days when I turn on pc.. I get a message during post that says.. “when raid configuration was built, ensure to set sata configuration to raid mode”.. what the hell is that all about?? All I did was last weekend installed a 4 TB drive .. that’s it.. it was set up as GPT.. all went fine.. I went into the UEFI bios and set tpm to make sure it was enabled.. but in the boot category in bios.. it no longer shows UEFI options.. not really sure where to check now. I have the latest bios 3/23.. thinking that may clear it up. I do not have raid set up on my PC.. I have loaded default settings to see if that fixed it. But it doesn’t.. how do I get my UEFI back?? No idea what else to try..

If you have TPM enabled, it HAS to be in UEFI mode, which is likely why you no longer see the option. If you disable TPM you will probably see the UEFI options come back but then you won't be able to run Windows 11 if that is what you are running. If not, then it isn't a requirement anyhow.

This would be my first thought on this.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Hi dj3642a. I googled your error, and this forum posting seems to relate to your the issue. It's also interesting that this user also had an Asus motherboard.

google query: when raid configuration was built, ensure to set sata configuration to raid mode

dj3642a

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2015
If you have TPM enabled, it HAS to be in UEFI mode, which is likely why you no longer see the option. If you disable TPM you will probably see the UEFI options come back but then you won't be able to run Windows 11 if that is what you are running. If not, then it isn't a requirement anyhow.

This would be my first thought on this.
well it may seem like i have uefi.. but i am still using one partition on pc was windows 10.. and on the security update page. it has always showed my pc was ready for windows 11.. after this nonsense about the tpm.. even though in some ways it indicates i have tpm.. the windows update screen now shows.. my pc cannot hace windows 11 because i dont have tpm.. its weird.

dj3642a

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2015
Hi dj3642a. I googled your error, and this forum posting seems to relate to your the issue. It's also interesting that this user also had an Asus motherboard.

google query: when raid configuration was built, ensure to set sata configuration to raid mode
thansk for the info. actually my motherboard already HAD "other OS " listed in the security boot screen.. and i still got the issue. but when i opened up the options. it then had an option for UEFI Mode.. and i had it to that. and that fixed the problem. so now windows 10 is back to showing i CAN have windows 11.. but there is another issue i found. i think the CMOS battery is dead. .because when i shut the pc down and turn it back on. the options are back to being wrong. so i will go out and buy anoter battery and that should do it. thanks all for the help. !!!!!

Reactions: CountMike
A weak or dead CMOS battery can certainly cause the problems you are seeing with the BIOS reverting to default configuration, and thus, just about any kind of BIOS problem you can imagine. So yes, probably not the worst idea.