Strix z370-e gaming won’t post

alecrosanbalm

Prominent
Nov 21, 2017
I’m building a new rig today and my pc won’t boot or post. The cpu error light on the motherboard flashes when turned on. The pc also only stays on for a few seconds before turning off. Lights work and fans spin up.

Some parts I took from old pc that we’re working last night and now seem to still be working as intended. I took everything out of my case, cleaned it, pulled the new gear out of the box, discharged myself and went onward.

From here everything was good, I’ve built and tinkered with computers for a while so it’s pretty simple for me to just start going. I was all set up and had everything ready to go but when I tried to turn my pc on it wouldn’t post. It stays on for about 2-3 seconds before shutting off and in that 3 seconds the cpu error light on the motherboard turned on. I started checking what was wrong but just about ever means. I went through the guide this website has on boot problems and still nothing.

I have the following;
-gigabyte 1070 founders
-2x8 gb ddr4 3000mhz Corsair vengeance lpx
-i7-7700k
-Corsair h110i
-asus z370-e gaming
-evga supernova 750w psu
-250gb Samsung ssd
-two 5400rpm hdd, 1 2tb, 1 500gb
These parts are all new except the psu and the HDDs
I took the steps listed on the guide for boot problems on tomshardware in order.

Solution
your motherboard is not compatible to your CPU.

You will have to replace the motherboard with a Z270 motherboard or the CPU with an 8th gen processor like i7-8700k

There will be no BIOS update because the 100/200 series and 300series chipset motherboard´s sockets are different in electrical design. Sadly you are not the first and will not be the last with this problem .
your motherboard is not compatible to your CPU.

You will have to replace the motherboard with a Z270 motherboard or the CPU with an 8th gen processor like i7-8700k

There will be no BIOS update because the 100/200 series and 300series chipset motherboard´s sockets are different in electrical design. Sadly you are not the first and will not be the last with this problem .

Solution