Strix Z390-E + 9700K, windows store and windows defender desables on overclock

PSZero

Reputable
Jun 14, 2014
I recelnty overclocked my 9700k to 5.1 and 5.2 but something weird happens

on windows, everything seems to work fine, besides "windows defender", that says "the menace service has stopped, restart it" or something like that.

everything seems to run fine with cinebench, Intel extreme tuneup utility and other stress tests..

aswell the windows store seems to stop working properly, but besides that, everything in windows seems to work fine.

if I turn the CPU back to stock, the antivirus and store start to work again normally.

any advice?

PSZero

Reputable
Jun 14, 2014
I can enable it, but few seconds after it shows an "x" telling me the service is stopped, if I click on enable, it keeps triyng to enable forever..aswell the windows store icon dissappears from the toolbar, if I open the store, after some.mins the windows explorer stops to work... Happens the same in 5.1 and 5.0 ghz... Even if I only change the multiplier and set the volts to auto, happens the same...

PSZero

Reputable
Jun 14, 2014
I reinstalled windows already.... So you know the answer haha...I have the same problem.

If I revert the OC back to stock, everything fixes...idk why I doubt is something related to the OC but more related to bios or compatibility of windows with the new 9000 proccesors

WHEN I was stress testing my new cpu (9900k) at 4.8 on P95 v26.6 i got two BSODs in a rod, so after the 2nd i used WhoCrashed to read the dump files - it identified a conflict between a windows kernel and a epps driver, which oddly enough belonged to my virus software, Emsisoft

i dis-abled emsisoft and had no more BSODs - so now when i stress test a new OC level i dis-able my anti-virus software

fwiw